Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I traded in my 2011 Touring for a 2011 Touring Elite:). I loved my Touring and figured I'd love the Touring Elite even more!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I guess the Touring gave you a lot of equity on value that's why you get Elite?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I always research my purchases carefully too.

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
How much of a hit did you take? i.e the difference between what you paid for the Touring and what you got back?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Traded Touring for Touring Elite

With demand what it is right now, seems like you could have done pretty well, but mostly writing to change the subject line...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Do you like the silver better than the grey? I found the silver too flashy for my eyes.

How many miles did you have when you traded vans? Any accessories?

:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
No he's not. Some people just got a lot of money that they overflow and come out of the ears.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's a question. Could you have upgraded your Touring to an Elite? Also, is it possible to upgrade an LX to say an EX? Are the radios/electronics/seats swappable?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Here's a question. Could you have upgraded your Touring to an Elite? Also, is it possible to upgrade an LX to say an EX? Are the radios/electronics/seats swappable?
I bet it is possible, but will cost you time, money and effort, which I'm not sure is worth on a brand new car. Chances are that not a decent dealer will get it right (OEM level). If you have the extra dough, save the time and effort...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in Socal too and the hit on the sales tax alone would've been close to $4000. So I gotta ask, what was that one feature on the Elite that made it worth it for you?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love all the assumptions.... You know what they say about them anyway.

First, I'm not a man and second, I didn't take a big hit... maybe $200 total. I worked a great price on my original Touring and an awesome price on my warranty so it served me well when selling it as a package.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, if you like it and you have the money to do it, there is no craziness about it. And don't worry, a large percentage of the negative posts will be due to envy ;)
I won't worry about negative posts... b/c I wouldn't have done it unless it made sense;). It didn't take a lot of extra money to do it. We leased the first and financed this one so that was another motivating factor. I decided I wanted to commit to keep the TE for 5 years.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I have to ask... Why didn't you get the elite the first time around?
It wasn't a lack of research but rather a lack of supply. I bought my first one at the beginning of November right after the Ody came out. There were no TEs anywhere close to me... talking 500 miles away. So, I worked the best deal I could on a Touring about 120 miles from me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure I could have added the lights and some more speakers, but I really wanted the blind spot detection system since my son's seat blocks my view. Yes, using mirrors properly placed can help with that... but I drive about 20K miles a year and have a 1 year old in the car who is usually screaming b/c he hates the car so I wanted that feature to make my life easier. Plus, I can't imagine it would have been very cost effective.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Do you like the silver better than the grey? I found the silver too flashy for my eyes.

How many miles did you have when you traded vans? Any accessories?

:)
The silver is a little flashy but there wasn't any other inventory really available.

The sold Ody have 12,200 miles when I sold it last weekend. It only had splash guards and wheel locks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live in Socal too and the hit on the sales tax alone would've been close to $4000. So I gotta ask, what was that one feature on the Elite that made it worth it for you?
I live in So Cal too.. but the first one was leased... so you pay your tax with each payment. I didn't pay any extra tax;).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts