Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Ody After interior repairs in the trunk and passenger areas Ì have ended up with a plastic part Ì cannot place. Can anyone identify this part and where it goes..Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
It might help if you posted another picture with something like a key, etc next to it to better show it's size.
It does seem to be covered in vinyl or just maybe it is a colored plastic. Probably another one somewhere in the trunk area covering something sharp or ugly.
A multi-view could also help as it seems to be hollow in the shady part.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have my Ody anymore, so can't post a pic. But, look at the center of the back of the well. As I recall there is a black metal part this goes over.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No, not the left side.
Stand at the back center of the bumper, look down into the edge of the well.
It's a guard, as I recall, to prevent snagging the edge of the 3rd row seat when lowered into the well. (not sure if newer vans still have it, but '99 to '04+ certainly did)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cover for the tether anchor point when using a child car seat in the middle of the 3rd row seat.
Can actually be moved to the left or right position - see owners manual, Protecting Children.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yep. Just looked in the "well" of my 2001. Not sure what it is for. But there it is.

1. Open rear hatch.
2. Lift up rear seat. If it is closed.
3. Look in "well" Back side of "well".
4. Look down, see metal Hook for the hatch. (go in and then look down).
5. About 6 inches or so down the "well", is where the piece is located.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts