Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife found it in the driveway a few weeks ago. I don't see any obvious home. It is very thin, made of black plastic and it looks like it should be a cap for something, but like I said I don't see any immediately obvious place that it came from. Any help is appreciated.

Hopefully I did the picture attachment correctly. :huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think it's the cover for the shipping plugs (they may be called something different), but you can just look at the four corners of the car near the jack points and I believe you'll find a hole where that piece can fit.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
I think it's the cover for the shipping plugs (they may be called something different), but you can just look at the four corners of the car near the jack points and I believe you'll find a hole where that piece can fit.
Yes, that looks like a body plug. See the PDI Information TSB in one of the TSB threads. It has a section "install the body plugs" that has a picture of the location for them. Let us know if that was the part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I took a look at the TSB and it certainly looks like it could be a cover for the tie down slot. I will check tonight and report back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I don't think that is it. At least it isn't the tie down point cover that I saw in the POI TSB mentioned above. I looked in those location (inside of the rear jack points). There are two plugs there, both are in place on my van and they are much smaller than the one that I found. The ends of those plugs are about the size of a quarter, the one on the part I have are aorund the size of a baseball. Thanks for the ideas so far, keep them coming if you have more thoughts. I think I am going to have the dealer do the first oil change on it, so I can ask them in a few weeks. If I don't have an answer I'll post up what I find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts