purchase date of the vehicle to buy the
warranty ?

Thanks for your response

Ravi

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Ravi~

Yes, you can buy the warranty from a dealer other than the one you buy your minivan from. I believe they will honor the same price for the warranty as long as it is under 12,000 miles, then the price increases. I did this, and had no trouble at all.

Good luck!

------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX
-cassette
-mud guards
-cargo mat
-cargo tray

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Honda Care new vehicle pricing is if your vehicle has less than 6,000 miles on the odometer. After 6,000 miles the term and mileage in coverage decreases and the pricing goes up.

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I imagine extended warranty sales are a big profit center for dealerships and they are likely not happy when they find their regular customers buying them on the internet. Has anyone bought a new vehicle, gotten a Honda Care policy from another dealer/internet, then had trouble w/ a claim at their dealer's service desk because they bought their extended warranty on the internet?

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
GL4 said:
I imagine extended warranty sales are a big profit center for dealerships and they are likely not happy when they find their regular customers buying them on the internet. Has anyone bought a new vehicle, gotten a Honda Care policy from another dealer/internet, then had trouble w/ a claim at their dealer's service desk because they bought their extended warranty on the internet?
The Hondacare program is linked to the VIN number and can be exercised at ANY dealership....in theory at least... :flame:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
chiody said:
The Hondacare program is linked to the VIN number and can be exercised at ANY dealership....in theory at least...
Agreed. I would also guess that the service advisor can tell wheter or not you have HondaCare, they probably don't see where you purchased it when you come in for service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts