Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if we are able to do it or not but I would like to be able to unlock all 5 doors with one click. Does Honda have a system that allows changes to be made? I have a VAG tool for my Audi which allows me to set about 12 different lock and entry settings (with/without beep, with/without light flash, lock doors at 15mph, roll down/up windows with keyless etc). The VAG tool also lets you do tons of other things with VW/Audis like monitor turbo boost, check/erase fault codes, aim headlights, and access just about every electronic thing on the car from the radio to the instrument cluster through a laptop. Wondering what Honda uses if anything?
George
SSEXL

[This message has been edited by George incleveland (edited 12-10-2001).]

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too am very interested in doing this modification. Has anyone out there figured out how to do this?

It is so annoying to have to click twice to unlock the other doors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're lucky if you only have to click twice to unlock the side doors. It seems I click twice and then try to activate the sliding doors only to have to hit unlock again, maybe mine is buggy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Holding down the button is a better design than Toyota's.

I had a Sienna and quite often just by the keys bouncing around in my coat pocket one of the sliding power doors would open (it was a 1 click type of thing).

I don't have my Odyssey yet (next couple of weeks) but it sounds like a better design to me.

Scott

·
Registered
78 Posts
Add me to this list, too. Although, given only one option, I'd rather have a single button to close all sliding doors, and then lock all doors. I hate having to close the sliders (wait for them to close) and then hit the lock button.

·
Registered
794 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shiretsu:
That's like my Explorer's panic button. The Ody's button totally eliminates accidental alarms.</font>
Well then what about the other buttons? Do you meant to tell me that your car locks and unlocks sometimes?

I've only had that happen once - when I picked up the transmitter. But sitting in my pocket as I work around the car, no, it's never happened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As I understand it, the rationale for the two stage unlock is that somebody might be hiding on the passenger side of the car ready to leap in and kidnap you as you unlock the car. I suppose this has some validity, but I agree that it would be nice to have a choice.

I have not looked at the circuit diagram, but reasoning from general principles, I think it should be possible to rewire the passenger locks to be controlled from the same signal that controls the driver door.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lord, just think. Several years ago all we had to lock the doors with was a key. (Back in the dark ages.) Now we are all bitchin' about having to push a button twice.
Tisk tisk tisk!

Fred

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FW_in_OKC:
Lord, just think. Several years ago all we had to lock the doors with was a key. (Back in the dark ages.) Now we are all bitchin' about having to push a button twice.
Tisk tisk tisk!

Fred
</font>

Amen! Its a tough life.

·
Registered
794 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FW_in_OKC:
Several years ago all we had to lock the doors with was a key. (Back in the dark ages.) Now we are all bitchin' about having to push a button twice. </font>
Reminds me of that article in The Onion titled:

New Remote Control Can Be Operated By Remote
No more leaning forward to get remote from coffee table means greater convenience for TV viewers

The full article is hilarious:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3104/newremote.html

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Well,

I can remember when nobody locked their doors!

Darn, I AM OLD!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like the double click feature. Most of the time it is just the driver getting in and then the passenger door stays locked. I think it is safer that way. On my BMW I can program one click or two. I have it set for two. Maybe having a choice would be the way to go? Either way, what's the big deal?

·
Registered
596 Posts
For those of you still in shock about about pushing buttons more than once, just call the phone company sometime and I dare you to try and talk to a living, breathing human being.
Sample Automated call

"Thank you for calling The Phone Company"
"If you are calling from a touch tone phone, press '1', now or if you're calling from some other phone, go out and buy an touch tone phone,now."

BEEP

"If you speak English, press '1', now, or if you don’t understand what I am saying, learn English, now."

BEEP

"If you are calling with a problem with your [widget], press '1', now or if you just need to find out what your [widget] does, press '2' now."

BEEP

"If you are in a good mood, press '1' now, or if you’re pissed off, press '2' now.

$&@% (that’s a ‘2’)

"If you are now homicidal, press '1', now, CLICK"

Fred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts