Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I know there are lots of posts about these 2 codes. But thought I would take a stab at a post. We have a 2001 LX and has 101,000 miles on it. It's never had a single mechanical issue in 11 years!

The other day the TCS light came on and the CEL came on - TCS went out but CEL stayedl on - got these 2 codes at AutoZone

P1738 and P0740

I popped the hood and checked my tranny fluid levels and it's perfect - but noticed I had some corrosion on the battery terminal - so I took that off and cleaned it up. Now the light went out but occasionally it still shifts bad 1st-2nd

I ALSO notice that the car idles about 650-700 rpms - it used to be like 800-900 before. I also notice that when I take my foot of the gas the rpms will dip below 1000 when driving. so I wonder if i could have a electrical issue.

basically I just looking for the cheapest way to diagnose this puppy, don't have a ton of cash.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
P1738 looks like the 2nd clutch pressure sw is bad. It may have caused the p0740.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trany shop says it is bad - 3350.00 for a remanufactured with a 3yr/100k warranty.

The van has 101,000 on it and has never had any mechical issues - do you think it's worth it to put that much money in it or should I trade er ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts