Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've been having x issues with my power sliding doors on my 01 ODY-EX(mostly due to freezing weather) and my local honda dealer now wants to replace the right side sliding door closer motor latch ($582+ taxes and I'm not even sure they are correct with the assessement because the motor is still closing and openning the door but it does not latch & lock. I cleaned all the contacts, tracks and rollers and re-lubed)I'm tired of putting time and money into these power doors. Can anyone tell me if I can convert them to manual mode. This door won't lock/latch when I close it forcefully by hand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did my lock actuator a few weeks ago, was very easy. I found mine on eBay for about $24 including shipping from a dealer in California.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the lock actuator today in 1hr (thanks to the step by step link by psd...I love this site). Door now locks and now moving on to another problem from the same door. It closes if I keep pushing down on the close dash button and then locks but if push on the open dash botton or use the handle nothing works to open the door???I will read some more and post a new thread if I can't narrow down a fix.
Cheers. 190000km and still running great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is quite a bit of information out there about these sliding doors and possible fixes. I just went through my own sliding door problem.

Is it just the one door that is giving you problems? Have you checked the fuses. Some have suggested pulling the fuse, waiting 30 secs and then putting the fuse back in.

Have you thoroughly cleaned and greased all the tracks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did all those steps. I found a post were the ground for the door was rusty causing similar problems so I'm waiting for his reply on the fix(with pics) and in the meantime I found a whole door motor assembly from a 2002 ODY for $150 at a local wrecking yard so I may just pick that up tomorrow and replace the whole assembly while checking for rusty grounds. Has anyone seen any threads with pics for the step by step replacement of the sliding door motor assembly?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I've been having x issues with my power sliding doors on my 01 ODY-EX(mostly due to freezing weather) and my local honda dealer now wants to replace the right side sliding door closer motor latch ($582+ taxes and I'm not even sure they are correct with the assessement because the motor is still closing and openning the door but it does not latch & lock. I cleaned all the contacts, tracks and rollers and re-lubed)I'm tired of putting time and money into these power doors. Can anyone tell me if I can convert them to manual mode. This door won't lock/latch when I close it forcefully by hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts