Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When following my wife in her '01 Ody I always notice the red turn signals are not very visible. Was wondering if there is anywhere I can get amber lenses to replace them with?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Yes they can. You need to find outer tail lights from a 2003+ (it could be 2002 even) and swap them out. They are direct plug and play and will yield you amber turn signals.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
There are occasionally members here wanting the red lenses to swap out the orange ones too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
And I might add that one need only replace the outer taillight assemblies, which are about $70 each online, and not the ones on the hatch (on which the amber is non-functional).

That's what I plan on doing on my '01. I really like amber rear turns as they are so much more visible, especially on sunny days.

A bit OT, but one other thing that torques me off about most of the major carmakers is the little ways that they keep cheapening their vehicles. Did you know that the 1st generation Odysseys had LED 3rd brake lamps? I've already replaced TWO "long-life" bulbs for my 3rd brake lamp in 1.5 years.

And as far as I know, NONE of the late-model Honda OR Toyota vans have yet switched to any LED signal lights (hear that little birdy: cheap cheap cheap).

·
Registered
664 Posts
Might want to get Red LED lights to replace your turn signals lightbulbs. This will make them brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts