Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I just purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey and I guess that my radio is XM compatible. If I am already a Sirius subscriber and since Sirius/XM are one in the same, does this mean that I can activate my Sirius account on my radio or does it only support XM? I am sorry if this is confusing.

I want to be able to call Sirius and have them activate my radio so I can finally use an actual radio instead of having all the power plugs and antenna cables all over the place. Is this possible?

I should also ask how I turn the satellite radio on? When I hit the aux/xm button nothing happens. Do I first have to activate my Sirius account or should I be able to switch to aux even if my Sirius service is not yet activated in my car?

I hope this all makes sense and I am happy to be a part of the Honda Odyssey family.

Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
XM "Ready"

I bought a 2006 a couple weeks ago. It turns out, "XM Ready" means the radio can have XM installed, but it does not mean it is actually installed. So, you need more equipment to even have XM. If you want Sirius, the good news is that your radio is equally "Sirius Ready" (I think, there may be some extra XM wiring).

Here's a good example of installing both Sirius and iPod:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/11-au...using-sirius-honsc1-scc1-07-ex-l-res-nav.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts