Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Can someone please explain? New info added...

994 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  WiiMaster
2009 EX-L
My check engine light came on today. This is the printout from the auto parts store. Can someone please explain what all this means? I'm in no way financially able to go to a mechanic right now. Is it unsafe to drive? Can it wait? For how long? Thanks y'all!!

Update
All of a sudden today (one day after check engine light came on) my oil light starts flashing. I pulled over, check the oil and the dipstick showed empty. Oil life percentage reads 30%. When I put oil in it held two and a half quarts. Also the Eco light doesn't come on anymore. Could be VPS being stuck at off be the reason for the oil usage?

Font Material property Parallel Paper Document

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
7,291 Posts
Sounds like you may have a dying battery, given the voltage codes.

The P3497 has to do with the VCM system. Does the car still drive okay? If so it's probably okay but I would get this dealt with sooner rather than later. Usually this code is caused by an issue with the front spool valve. It could be because of the spool valve itself, the oil pressure switch, or simply dirty oil.

VCM should be disabled though, it's not a good thing.

· Registered
Bolt - 2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
7,291 Posts
I just bought a new battery about 4 months ago but I do use it a lot to charge multiple things. Would this cause those codes? Thanks.
It could certainly cause low voltage codes. Have the auto parts store test your battery.

Reactions: lippsmom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.