Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will probably buy an EX but I am not too fond of the auto closing doors. I may grow to like them but they worry me, especially after the warranty (prob 7/100,000) expires. Can you disable the automation and just use them as standard doors? Can you get the EX with standard doors?

·
Registered
46 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeT:
I will probably buy an EX but I am not too fond of the auto closing doors. I may grow to like them but they worry me, especially after the warranty (prob 7/100,000) expires. Can you disable the automation and just use them as standard doors? Can you get the EX with standard doors?</font>
No to both questions. The doors are a very nice feature. I just enjoy them and don't worry about them breaking. The EX is one fine machine.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeT:
I will probably buy an EX but I am not too fond of the auto closing doors. I may grow to like them but they worry me, especially after the warranty (prob 7/100,000) expires. Can you disable the automation and just use them as standard doors? Can you get the EX with standard doors?</font>
MikeT,

The electric doors close MUCH smoother than manual doors. I too was worried about them because of problems with electric devices on other vehicles. After watching the doors close ever-so-smoothly, I am now a believer. Think of what kids do to manual doors - they hang on them, lean against them, pull themselves up by the handles.

IMHO, e-doors may last longer than manual!

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had my '99 EX for three years without ever having had a problem with the automatic doors. Got my '02 Navi three days ago and expect the same.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you REALLY want to, I'm sure you can dive in with the appropriate tools and entirely disconnect the drive system, so the doors become as 'easy' as the unpowered doors in the LX.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes you can

You can easily turn off auto doors via the dash switch and operate them manually

·
Registered
512 Posts
After you use them once to get something inside while your hands are full, you will be a believer. I have had zero problems with my 99 EX.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Have my 01 SS ODY for about a year and not one problem with the doors. They work great. I was disappointed to find when I switch the auto-doors off I cannot operate them like the non-powered doors on the LX. That should be an option, because to switch them off now is to not be able to open/close the doors at all. But I love the convenience of the auto-doors.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
MikeT said:
I will probably buy an EX but I am not too fond of the auto closing doors. I may grow to like them but they worry me, especially after the warranty (prob 7/100,000) expires. Can you disable the automation and just use them as standard doors? Can you get the EX with standard doors?
Its just the cost of having nice toys in your car, would you not use A/C after 7/100K because it may break? You will love the power doors:).

·
Registered
1 Posts
the guy asked if you can disable the power doors. instead people tell him how much they love the power doors he obviously doesn't like him nor do I I'd like to know can you answer his question about disabling the power doors?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow this is a 11 yr old thread.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Holy crap this is an old thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts