Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully being Ody fans, someone here can help identify this van...

Here's the story - here in south Florida we have had a ton of sportbike thefts. They just released surveilance video of one theft happening and we're trying to figure out what the van is - people are leaning towards an Ody.

It looks like the rear edge of the back side window and the taillights/3rd brakelight/license plate may match, but one thing that doesn't look right to me is it appears to have black door handles and I thought all Odys were painted to match?

Here is the story online with the vid.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21001459065251/

And here are a couple captures from the vid.

Any info you can give to help figure this out is greatly appreciated - we have had too many members of our forum lose their bikes. http://www.soflasportbikes.com/forum/stolen-property-room/

Thanks!!

Chuck

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I think LX's have black door handles, do they not?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
I am not entirely sure but it does look like a 2nd gen LX which do indeed come with black door handles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
SuperDad said:
I think LX's have black door handles, do they not?
Correct-- my '04 LX has black handles and mirror housings along with hubcap-covered steel wheels.

The van in the video looks like a 2G Ody LX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! :rockon:

As many Hondas as there are out there it's not going to narrow it down enough to go knocking on someone's door, but at least it gives us a bit more of an idea what to be watching for.

·
Registered
516 Posts
WSY said:
Correct-- my '04 LX has black handles and mirror housings along with hubcap-covered steel wheels.

The van in the video looks like a 2G Ody LX.
i agree it looks like a 2nd gen LX too

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
CHUCKinFLL said:
Thanks guys! :rockon:

As many Hondas as there are out there it's not going to narrow it down enough to go knocking on someone's door, but at least it gives us a bit more of an idea what to be watching for.
Well look for the one with the primer spot on the hood.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yep, 2nd gen Ody. Shouldn't be too hard to spot with the primered hood and front bumper.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
1999 to 2001 (I say not 2002 to 2004 because of the wheel covers don't match those years) LX model.

Canyonstone Silver or Granite Green in colour.

May their transmission crap out big time on the highway with a load of stolen goods!!!
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts