Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new key fob for my 2007 EX-L. Sometimes there are better deals on the touring key fobs on ebay than on the EX-L style.

Can I buy a remote that originally came with a touring model and program it to work the doors and locks on my EX-L? I realize that I would not get power rear hatch functionality - don't care about that.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I don't believe so because the Touring remotes are linked to the "Driver 1" and "Driver 2" memory settings. I don't know for sure but I'd be shocked if they did. Now a 09+EXL remote may work despite the power tailgate.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I don't know for sure either, but I know you can the other way around. When I bought my van used, they originally gave me non-touring remotes.

·
Registered
778 Posts
mattd said:
I don't know for sure either, but I know you can the other way around. When I bought my van used, they originally gave me non-touring remotes.
So I guess they didn't link to power settings and obviously didn't operate the liftgate?

·
Registered
887 Posts
The lift gate could not be opened, because there was not not a button for it. Also, the seat would not automatically go in position. So pretty much, just lock/unlock doors and open sliding doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts