Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past two days have been some of the most difficult the US has faced. These extrodinary events make issues about the Odyssey seem very unimportant. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected and to our nation.

These cowards want to disrupt us and make us uncomfortable in our personal lives. I challenge everyone to try to continue as "normal" as possible after an event like this.

How do you all think these events affect the production and delivery of the '02 Odyssey's being delivered from Canada? Should we expect any delays?

Greg

·
Registered
483 Posts
Production may not be affected. I'm not sure but I think body panels are stamped in Alliston too (similar to the Civic). Most parts are local but some engine parts may not be. There's a holding company that sorts all the parts coming into Alliston and ships the parts to the plant just-in-time.

However, delivery might be delayed. They are inspecting every vehicle that crosses the border. Trunks are opened and hoods are popped. They should be doing this eventhough this incident did not happen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The plant lost a shift yesterday and is closed today due to delays in incoming parts from the U.S.A.

Trucks crossing the border are experiencing delays from 8 to 24 hours due to long lines and increased security.

Some of these plants operate with less than 24 hours in reserve parts. Logistics delays have an almost immediate impact.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The USA Today says in it's business section that "Honda Motor...expects to reopen all assembly lines today and work overtime to make up for Thursday's lost production."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts