Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the dealer today and got the brochure.

Ofcouse there is no Navigation.
Sad thing is no RES either.(not in the brochure)
Dealer doesn't know the price yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have talked to a dealer who was told by the Honda rep that RES would not be available in Canada..... Whats up with that?

I can't understand why they would do that... then again why haven't they brought NAVI here... they have had enough time to get the map DVD's created. But RES makes no sence.... I mean DVD movies are for sale everywhere.... very very dissapointing.

I still have the RES on order but will cancel it and wait for them to smarten up once its official.

I was told that Canadian prices won't be released until the third week of September.

Happy days..... NOT!

------------------
2002 MB EX-L RES (on order... ready to cancel as RES not available in Canada)
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude...... looks like I get to keep you longer... ahh something positive at least!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Garbat:
I have talked to a dealer who was told by the Honda rep that RES would not be available in Canada..... Whats up with that?

I can't understand why they would do that... then again why haven't they brought NAVI here... they have had enough time to get the map DVD's created. But RES makes no sence.... I mean DVD movies are for sale everywhere.... very very dissapointing.

I still have the RES on order but will cancel it and wait for them to smarten up once its official.

I was told that Canadian prices won't be released until the third week of September.

Happy days..... NOT!

</font>
I can't believe Navi/ RES is still not available in Canada! What were Honda thinking? Don't tell me leather is not an option too!?

·
Registered
117 Posts
No we do have leather as an option but can't get RES..... it makes no sence to me... turn the EXL-RES to the right of the production line and put it in the Canadian line rather than left for the US line.

I have no idea what they are thinking. I went to the Honda.ca web site to send an e-mail and let them know how I felt.... but they don't have an e-mail address.... no surprise though as Honda.ca is really really bad compared to Honda.com.

Looks like I will have to wait (not a big problem as I am going to be going to Toronto to work for a while and my firm will rent me a car... now a van).

Looks like I can now wait for the new model in 2004.... wonder if they will have added RES to the Canadian market by then??

Cheers... Gary

------------------
2002 MB EX-L RES (on order... ready to cancel as RES not available in Canada)
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude...... looks like I get to keep you longer... ahh something positive at least!!

[This message has been edited by Garbat (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Registered
117 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:
I just went to the dealer today and got the brochure.

Ofcouse there is no Navigation.
Sad thing is no RES either.(not in the brochure)
Dealer doesn't know the price yet.
</font>
Porschetr.... just curious... which dealreship had the brochures in? I have tried a few in Ottawa and in Toronto with no luck.

Thanks in advance....

------------------
2002 MB EX-L RES (cancelled - RES not available in Canada)
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude...... looks like I get to keep you longer!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Classic Honda in Brampton and Ready Honda in Mississauga.
The centerfold spread of the interior in Ivory leather convinced me to fork over the additional $2k.
It also has two beautiful shots of the Red with grey leather - that's my baby.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Spoke to a dealer who thinks the 2002 MSRP will rise by C$ 1,500 across the board. When I told him that US MSRP was out and only up by US$350 he was shocked. Honda Customer Service in Canada thinks pricing will be released by next week. FYI.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can confirm that - The list price on the EX goes up $1500 from $34300 to $35800. *BUT* it is possible to get up to $2,000 CDN off MSRP here.

That would be roughly US$23,000 LIST for an EX without leather, and it could be had for roughly US$21,700. (using an exchange rate of 1.55)

Not bad when US list is $26,750 !!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My dealer thinks they'll have stock around Sept. 20th and is also hearing that the MSRP will go up $1500 CDN. What's up with that? If demand is lower in Canada why does Honda think they should jack up the price significantly more than in the US?

I'm also disappointed about the RES system not being available. This a real mystery as Odys are manufactured in Canada (with an extra plant coming on stream this fall in the US). News flash Honda: Canadian kids watch movies too!

Does anybody have any tips on how to get a good deal when you have a trade in as part of the mix? I thought I should negotiate the trade value first then talk business on the Ody sale price. Is there a better approach?

I'm also not sure about leather with our cold Canadian winters. Wouldn't the cold cause cracking within a few years? I'd like to have the leather look almost as good as new after 7 or 8 years but I've never owned leather in a vehicle so I'm not sure what to expect? (I do love the look of leather and suspect its easier to keep clean with the kids). Any Canadian, or Alaskan
, thoughts on this matter?

·
Registered
483 Posts
donewithfords:
Do not talk about trade-ins until after you have agreed with the capitalized cost (price you are willing to pay for your vehicle). Once the cap cost is said & done, tell them "By the way, we decided to trade-in our vehicle". The dealer is definitely going to low ball the trade in value to recover the discount you got on the cap cost.

So, either way they are going to get you. Can you not sell your old vehicle to third parties rather than the dealer. You'll probably get more money doing it this way.

As for leather, the gurus may have some advice for you on this.

As for me, I would rather spend my $2000 on mods
! (Am I right, Chuck?
) Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by donewithfords:
......I'm also disappointed about the RES system not being available. This a real mystery as Odys are manufactured in Canada (with an extra plant coming on stream this fall in the US). News flash Honda: Canadian kids watch movies too!

</font>
This one still confuses me. I wrote a letter to Honda Canada last night asking whats up with that.... I will let everone know if I get a response... I doubt it but dare to dream!!

------------------
2002 MB EX-L RES (cancelled - RES not available in Canada)
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude...... looks like I get to keep you longer!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Garbat:
Porschetr.... just curious... which dealreship had the brochures in? I have tried a few in Ottawa and in Toronto with no luck.

Thanks in advance....

</font>
Number 7 Honda in Woodbridge.
HWY 7 & Martin Grove(East of HWY 27)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts