Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a bunch of accessories online from a US dealer (floor mats, cargo tray), and decided to throw in the splash guards since they had them for cheap. They sent me a set for both front and back wheels, but I didn't even realize until after I got them that my van already HAD them on the front.

Is this just a Canadian thing, or did I score a freebee from the dealer?

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
US don't come with any of them, it a option to add on.

·
Registered
687 Posts
US don't come with any of them, it a option to add on.
Thanks Ekinxiao. That clears things up. I guess you could put your spare set of splash guards on eBay or Craigslist for sale.

:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
My dealer gave me freebie front and rear splash guard as the unit is a swap from another dealer and they just left it in without charging me extra.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See the specifications on page 24 of the 2011 Honda Canada Odyssey brochure:

http://www.honda.ca/Content/honda.ca/en/2011/odyssey/DefaultGroup_Default_BR/HON9338_Odyssey_brochure_EN.pdf

All trim levels are front wheel drives and thus come with front splash guards. You have to pay for rear splash guards.

I'm not sure why the US dealer threw in both set of splash guards for you? Perhaps some lower end US models don't come with any spalsh guards at all? Can someone confirm?

:huh:
Huh, interesting. I wonder why they did that. That makes the "protection package" pricing even more ridiculous here in Canada. I paid $265 USD SHIPPED for the floor mats (all three rows), rear cargo liner and (four) splash guards. They want close to $460 for it here....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Front only? I'm still amazed at the content differences between north and south of the border. Are our tastes in options really that different? It's not like the Canadian versions are getting completely different parts due to, say, weather extremes. It's the same parts just mixed and matched differently.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Huh, interesting. I wonder why they did that. That makes the "protection package" pricing even more ridiculous here in Canada. I paid $265 USD SHIPPED for the floor mats (all three rows), rear cargo liner and (four) splash guards. They want close to $460 for it here....
You're just figuring out that we get screwed up here in Canada when it comes to the price of cars, accessories, service and even gas!

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Front only? I'm still amazed at the content differences between north and south of the border.
I agree, but there should be all 4 mud guards at least, come on :p

You're just figuring out that we get screwed up here in Canada when it comes to the price of cars, accessories, service and even gas!
But your hockey players are awesome, something gotta give!

J/k, if it makes you feel better, I would not like to see the price of one of these cars in Europe if they were sold there :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

:rollingeyes:
...you're forgetting about tires, and the plethora of other non-car related products that are either way more expensive or worse, not available at all. "Sovereignty" has its price :rollingeyes: That's why I thank my stars that I live within 40 minutes of the border, and have a UPS box for shipping stuff to :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
...you're forgetting about tires, and the plethora of other non-car related products that are either way more expensive or worse, not available at all. "Sovereignty" has its price :rollingeyes: That's why I thank my stars that I live within 40 minutes of the border, and have a UPS box for shipping stuff to :)
Don't remind me! I need to start hunting for winter tires for this coming season.

Can tires and rims fit in your P.O. box?

:tongue:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't remind me! I need to start hunting for winter tires for this coming season.

Can tires and rims fit in your P.O. box?

:tongue:
minor thread derailment here but....

Actually; yes. It isn't a "box", but more of a warehouse where they will store hold stuff for you for up to 20 days. I pay for the year, but apparently you can also do it on a per-shipment basis.

That's how I got tires/rims for my father for his '07 Odyssey from Tire Rack. 17" alloy rims + Blizzak tires for around $850 installed/balanced/shipped (including nuts + wrench!!!). That was about two years ago, but I will be doing the same thing for me.

To be fair though; my father recently put on replacement tires (Michellin MX-4) on his van and he found them locally (at the HONDA dealer no-less) for about the same as the US and CHEAPER than Costco, so hopefully the tire market will correct in the coming future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
minor thread derailment here but....

Actually; yes. It isn't a "box", but more of a warehouse where they will store hold stuff for you for up to 20 days. I pay for the year, but apparently you can also do it on a per-shipment basis.

That's how I got tires/rims for my father for his '07 Odyssey from Tire Rack. 17" alloy rims + Blizzak tires for around $850 installed/balanced/shipped (including nuts + wrench!!!). That was about two years ago, but I will be doing the same thing for me.

To be fair though; my father recently put on replacement tires (Michellin MX-4) on his van and he found them locally (at the HONDA dealer no-less) for about the same as the US and CHEAPER than Costco, so hopefully the tire market will correct in the coming future.
The rest of us would just drive down to buffalo and have the winters installed down there and drive 'er back...That's my plan for the fall.

Now can anyone recommend a good tire shop in Buffalo where i can get 18" wheels with TPMS and snows for a good price?

R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now can anyone recommend a good tire shop in Buffalo where i can get 18" wheels with TPMS and snows for a good price?
R.
Tire rack will ship to a local installer that can do the work for you...however if you're ordering wheels+tires, it is usually cheaper to get Tire Rack to mount them for you, especially since they do the Road Force balancing free of charge.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tire rack will ship to a local installer that can do the work for you...however if you're ordering wheels+tires, it is usually cheaper to get Tire Rack to mount them for you, especially since they do the Road Force balancing free of charge.

K, thanx, I've got another thread going.. i found a set of mdx snows that im going to look at tonight.

R

·
Registered
161 Posts
I remember Honda/Acura used to deliver some cars with front mud flaps and the rears were options. Wonder if they did that in Canada?

In the US, we had to buy all 4 as an option for our Ody.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts