Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a Canadian equivalent for HandA-Accessories or are we up here stuck with paying dealer prices. Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsgp:
Anyone know of a Canadian equivalent for HandA-Accessories or are we up here stuck with paying dealer prices. Thanks.</font>
Try www.partscheap.com. I purchased several Honda parts from them and found the parts are actual Honda and much cheaper.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. None of these U.S. operations will ship to Canada. Just wondering if there is a mail order operation for Honda accessories here. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone.....??? Canadians are being ripped off by Honda Canada on most accessories and we're not going to take it anymore. Mind you we pay alot less on MSRP, so I guess my question is...Can we have the best of both worlds? Still, it would be good to see some competition up here in the Great White North for Honda accessories.

------------------
2000 Acura Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
1993 Ford Explorer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Honda accessories are available in Canada but you have to do a bit of digging. Someone posted Dalts Honda in Ontario sells CD changers for ~$200 CAD and they do mail orders. Also, those weathertech mat is available through mail order as well from a company in Ontario. For towing package, Lordco offers a lot of choices through their on-line sales department and their prices are cheaper than the one you get in the stores. I got a quote on a hitch, bug deflector, tranny cooler and security alarm system for a 2002 LX and they are not only cheaper than the equivalent in the states, they are cheaper than retail prices.

In conclusion, they are available but need a bit of digging and are not as centralized as the states. However, for geniune honda stuff like roof racks, i-ves, alloy wheels and fog lights, you still have to buy them from the dealers. BTW, there are lots of aftermarket fog lights (i.e. piaa) that will look very nice on the ody. Plus with piaa, you get the ion crystal bulb instead of the white halogen from honda.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your replies. Didn't have any problems getting aftermarket items (WeatherFlectors, Floor Mats, Bug Deflector, etc.). It's items with the "Factory" look such as the crossbars ($288 Cdn) and cassette player ($260) which I feel are overpriced. Had HandA shipped to Canada, it would have been worthwhile given their great prices (even with the exchange rate).

·
Registered
254 Posts
your right about high prices. surrey honda wants almost $700.00cdn for the new style driving lights.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi dsgp,

Do you have any friends/relatives here in the US? Perhaps you can ask them to buy it for you or have HandA send it to your friends/relatives and have them forward it to you. All expenses and liabilities would be yours of course.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi forsdad,
Did you install an aftermarket alarm system on your lx? I did not see that with your ody description. I am thinking about getting a 2002 lx with no alarm and install an aftermaket one with keyless entry instead. But I am not sure which aftermarket system available locally in Vancouver that would fit nicely with the ody. Of course, the honda one would fit nicely but they want too much for it.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
eric,
i do not have an alarm, only a remote starter. the brand that my shop carries is black widow. i can install an alarm with keyless entry for $275.00 in your odyssey, or a combination alarm/remote starter for $400.00 (you supply extra key).

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone in Canada order producrs from A&H Motor Sports mentioned in this thread and had it delivered for reasonable shipping cost?

ANy other sources of Honda accesories in Canada?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

I know this thread is getting cold (no I don't mean the Canadian Winter) but I need to know how you have solve the challenge of buying Honda OEM parts at "reasonable prices" seen in the US mail order houses.

I am interested in adding the keyless remote entry/security? system to my 2003 LX.

Based on the available information, I am willing to try to install the Honda Alarm System (with keyless remote entry) myself, but I need the parts from a low cost source, someone other than the local Canadian Honda Dealer.

Can any one help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since I have not seen any definitive answers to the original question of Canadian online accessories at reasonable price, can I assume that in Canada, we are stuck with the high prices.
Is there any US based store that will ship to Canada? All that I have contacted will NOT ship to Canada.
That only option that I see is to:
get someone that I know in the US to order the items from say HandA and then ship them to me. (Not a very convenient nor good solution; as I don't know very many people in in US that
would go through as this hassle).

cheers
Fred.....................

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is not very convenient in Canada to get US parts. I have American cousins who live in Seattle and they come up to Vancouver quite often so it is not so much a problem for me. But as for the alarm system, it is not worth it to get the original Honda system. Why not install an aftermarket system? I put in an Ungo Box and it works fine. There are websites that shows you where to tap the wires for the doors, dome lights, etc.

Regards,

·
Registered
119 Posts
fordsdad said:
your right about high prices. surrey honda wants almost $700.00cdn for the new style driving lights.
Most accessories should be interchangeable between US and Canadian models. However, fog lights might not be one of them due to the DRLs on Canadian Odys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
"Most accessories should be interchangeable between US and Canadian models. However, fog lights might not be one of them due to the DRLs on Canadian Odys."

I would assume that if the parts have the exact same part # then they should be interchangeable though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Fog lights from the U.S. (2002 and earlier) will fit the Canadian models. I bought mine from the States and installed it. It works fine including Chuck's fog light mod.

Most of my accessories were acquired from the States. So far all of them fit including the 2003 rear washer nozzle (spray type).

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seattle Honda dealer for installing foglights and rear spray for 2002?

Any good reliable Honda dealer with reasonable prices in Washington state, Seattle area?

Much thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
resurrection

Guys,

Any updates on good place to get OEM parts shipped to a Canadian address?

BTW, anyone know where to get the WeatherTech mats locally (GTA)?

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 20 of 37 Posts