Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Canyon stone EX odyssey from a dealership in Edmonton Alberta.The dealership had about 12 on the lot and all colors for my choice.I paid $36000 everything included{document fees, provincial tax,the whole shabang} I purchased on Tues evening and picked it up on Wed at noon.I truly feel for my friends south of the border, horror stories of 4 month waiting lists and high prices, not the case here in the great white north.I hope it gets better in the near future.I love this van.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That's really good price.
Do you have to pay 15% tax.
Here in Ontario have to pay 15%, I don't know if I can get that price here.
Especially my area is more expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, in Alberta we only pay 7%gst.I just about fell off my rocker when the salesman accepted my offer.I didnt take any extended warranty or any of the other things they try to push on you{fabric protection,ect}If anything is going to go wrong it will happen within the first two years{my opinion only}I tend to trade up every three years anyway, the total that came out of my pocket for the odyssey EX was $36000 canadian, included all carpets, cargo bin,bug deflector and full tank of gas.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have to pay $5,272.50 for the tax,but you only have to pay $2,460.50
It is $2,812. difference.
Maybe you could get it cheaper than $36,000.
Well, but you got the bug deflecter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to see more posts from Canada on best prices all tax in.I have only heard of one person{that does not have ties to a dealership} that got a Honda Odyssey EX for less than $36000.He got it for $35850 over the internet and it was delivered to a superstore parking lot,no cargo bin, no rear mudflaps, no bug deflector, and 1/4 tank of fuel.I guess you pay this company $150 and they search all of canada for the best price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just picked up our 2001 DEP EX last night. Price was 34,300 before tax. This included rear splash guards, air deflector, fog lights, cargo tray, locking wheel nuts, freight, pdi and all gov't fees.

·
Registered
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odythedog:
I just picked up my Canyon stone EX odyssey from a dealership in Edmonton Alberta.The dealership had about 12 on the lot and all colors for my choice.I paid $36000 everything included{document fees, provincial tax,the whole shabang} I purchased on Tues evening and picked it up on Wed at noon.I truly feel for my friends south of the border, horror stories of 4 month waiting lists and high prices, not the case here in the great white north.I hope it gets better in the near future.I love this van.</font>
Now this really intrigues me. Canyon Stone Silver is still available in Canada but it has been discontinued in the U.S. How does Honda make these decisions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
EX with mats in, no bug deflector (don't get those nasty big bugs you Albertan's get !! hehe) for $33750. Essentially about what you paid, except here in B.C. we have the 7% PST and 7% GST plus the stupid luxury tax that adds like 1% over $30,000, and another 1% over $34 K ? Dealer List on it was $36,800.

(for you Americans, that converts to about a smidge over $21K US)

I purchased mine through a broker.

Oh, and the colour availability is based on previous sales....where I guess Canadians purhcased more of the Canyon Stone Metallic to warrant continuing it's sales up here. We lost the deep blue colour, though.

PDM

http://www.pdm-racing.com

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDM:
(for you Americans, that converts to about a smidge over $21K US)</font>
You mean the exchange rate is now only 62 cents US to one dollar CN??

--------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI (in about a week.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts