Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my Canyon stone EX odyssey from a dealership in Edmonton Alberta.The dealership had about 12 on the lot and all colors for my choice.I paid $36000 everything included{document fees, provincial tax,the whole shabang} I purchased on Tues evening and picked it up on Wed at noon.I truly feel for my friends south of the border, horror stories of 4 month waiting lists and high prices, not the case here in the great white north.I hope it gets better in the near future.I love this van.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, in Alberta we only pay 7%gst.I just about fell off my rocker when the salesman accepted my offer.I didnt take any extended warranty or any of the other things they try to push on you{fabric protection,ect}If anything is going to go wrong it will happen within the first two years{my opinion only}I tend to trade up every three years anyway, the total that came out of my pocket for the odyssey EX was $36000 canadian, included all carpets, cargo bin,bug deflector and full tank of gas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to see more posts from Canada on best prices all tax in.I have only heard of one person{that does not have ties to a dealership} that got a Honda Odyssey EX for less than $36000.He got it for $35850 over the internet and it was delivered to a superstore parking lot,no cargo bin, no rear mudflaps, no bug deflector, and 1/4 tank of fuel.I guess you pay this company $150 and they search all of canada for the best price.

·
Registered
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odythedog:
I just picked up my Canyon stone EX odyssey from a dealership in Edmonton Alberta.The dealership had about 12 on the lot and all colors for my choice.I paid $36000 everything included{document fees, provincial tax,the whole shabang} I purchased on Tues evening and picked it up on Wed at noon.I truly feel for my friends south of the border, horror stories of 4 month waiting lists and high prices, not the case here in the great white north.I hope it gets better in the near future.I love this van.</font>
Now this really intrigues me. Canyon Stone Silver is still available in Canada but it has been discontinued in the U.S. How does Honda make these decisions?

·
Registered
84 Posts
EX with mats in, no bug deflector (don't get those nasty big bugs you Albertan's get !! hehe) for $33750. Essentially about what you paid, except here in B.C. we have the 7% PST and 7% GST plus the stupid luxury tax that adds like 1% over $30,000, and another 1% over $34 K ? Dealer List on it was $36,800.

(for you Americans, that converts to about a smidge over $21K US)

I purchased mine through a broker.

Oh, and the colour availability is based on previous sales....where I guess Canadians purhcased more of the Canyon Stone Metallic to warrant continuing it's sales up here. We lost the deep blue colour, though.

PDM

http://www.pdm-racing.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.