Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and thought I had a good idea of where the automatic drain bolt is. Its supposed to be a hex bolt on the passenger side. I looked but its not there.. I only see a black plastic piece.

I'm attaching the underside of the transmission. I'm only able to attach one pic so I'm not able to show the black plastic piece. However, its right above where the shadow. Can you help me locate it? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Did you find the ATF change DIY thread by CNN? It has pix and instructions including a picture of the drain bolt.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
cnn has some great DIY threads (I changed my thermostat with his well-written help). Do a search for "ATF change" and look for the threads authored by him.

OF

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
tanman12345 said:
Its supposed to be a hex bolt on the passenger side. I looked but its not there
You can't find it on the passenger side because it's not there - it's on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
cnn said:
It is on the passenger's side of the transmission:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65442
Cnn,
not sure if I read anywhere in your post, but the passenger plug location you list is only relevant to the "New" ody transmission introduced in 07.

I have an 05, which has a plug on the driver side of the transmission. The plug bolt is the same round shape with 3/8 square head opening.

This is not a knock on you CNN, your DIY are extremely detailed and helpful.

To OP:
list the vehicle in your signature to eliminate guess work. It will help whoever wants to answer your questions.

Max

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Thanks maxud,

I just did a diagram search, see attached pic. As you mentioned:

2005-06: ATF Drain Bolt faces driver's side.

2007-10: ATF Drain Bolt faces passenger's side.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
He posted a pic which pretty clearly showed it wasn't on the passenger side of his transmission, which sort of strongly suggests it was an 05/06 transmission with it on the drivers side... just sayin'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I did looked at CNN's DIY before posting. I do have an 05. I will look a the driver's side. Thank you all for the reply!!

As you noticed on the pic I attached, this is the site where I learned how to make my home made ramp. No more store ramp where I always had a hard time driving up on. It's so easy now to lift the van.

I'll update my profile with the model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts