Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Touring, which has a wide, short lamp (reflector) in between the two typical lift gate lamps, just above the license plate. I think most vans have a chrome accent instead.

Anyway, this lamp is cracked, but I can't find a replacement anywhere. I don't think I'm using the proper search terms, because I have no idea what to call it. If someone would give me a name or a part number for this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,529 Posts
It's not a lamp, it's just a garnish. There's no light in it. Touring/Elite models get the red version while others get chrome. You can use the parts diagram on a Honda parts site like Bernardi to find it easier.

Reactions: CroMath

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,817 Posts
^^^^ This.

It's called a licence plate garnish and there is no light in there - it's just a piece of plastic.

Reactions: WiiMaster

·
Registered
2012 EX-L, >135k miles, VCM Tuner, Honda tow pkg.
949 Posts
This old thread has infobon replacing it on a 2014.

And a 2013.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,700 Posts
Thanks, guys. I assumed since it was the same plastic as the tail lights that it functioned as a brake light.
It doesn't, as others have said (the center brake light is up on the spoiler). Also note that the tail lights mounted on the hatch are only tail lights (and reverse lights...), not brake lights.

-Charlie

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Thanks, guys. I assumed since it was the same plastic as the tail lights that it functioned as a brake light.
Just read the mod threads that rmyoder posted, contact one of the guys that replaced the chrome with the red and see if they kept the old chrome trim.

Do an un-mod. :D

• Haha
Reactions: WiiMaster
1 - 7 of 7 Posts