Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to clean out the intake manifold for my '00 Odyssey using TSB 05-026. I've been able to remove everything--except the throttle body is stuck to the intake manifold. I've removed the two screws and two bolts, and it still won't move.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
As long as all the hardware is removed, its probably just the old gasket holding it.

Give it a tap with a brass hammer, or a block of wood and normal hammer. They can get stuck on there pretty good.

Ian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ian. The hammer and levering with putty knife separated them.

Now, I'm got another problem. I finished the clean out, put everything back together, and the engine is revving at 2k-2.5k in park and neutral.

I checked that everything is plugged in. I can't figure out where I screwed up.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I seem to remember a post with putting the gasket on backwards. Check it out that all holes line up correctly. Clran the Idle Air Control valve and check all hoses. High idle is usually a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked the throttle gasket again by removing the throttle body, and it's lined up correctly. I'll double check to make sure that all other gaskets are seated correctly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
William Wiles said:
High idle is usually a vacuum leak.
Check all the vacuum lines, check the TB butterfly and throttle cable to make sure its not stuck open.

Get a can of quick start or contact cleaner and lightly spray around TB and vacuum hoses to check for leaks. If revs go up there is a vacuum leak present. Be very careful stuff is very flammable, try to use it on a cool engine.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
William Wiles said:
A spray can of water is a better and safer solution than an explosive product.
Where is the fun in that. :D At least put some soap in the water so you get bubbles...lol.

Mark the gasket with a sharpie, rotate and reinstal, untill the problem is solved. William is on the right track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts