Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 08 EX-L odyssey and want to put two car seats in the 2nd row plus one adult. Do you think I can fit one forward facing in the center and a rear facing on the side? I know the 4th gen would work but cant afford those.

·
Registered
157 Posts
put the poor bastard in the middle.....the middle is a little booster style probably not meant for the base dimensions of either a booster or childs seat....gl with that one.....i'd say no (I have a 4yr old and a 7mo old)

·
Registered
249 Posts
put the poor bastard in the middle.....the middle is a little booster style probably not meant for the base dimensions of either a booster or childs seat....gl with that one.....i'd say no (I have a 4yr old and a 7mo old)
Hey how's that Ody, Wusthof ? :)

BBM, like Wusthof said, AFAIK the 2nd-row center (PlusOne) jumpseat is not meant for any child carseats. So if you want both kids in their respective carseats in the 2nd row, they'll have to be in the captain's chairs while the "poor bastard" gets perched on the center PlusOne seat.

But there is an entire 3rd row for poor bastard, no ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is actually easy to put a carseat in the Plus One seat. I know many car seat safety technicians who say it is fine.

What car seat do you want to put in the middle forward facing? The Plus One seat does not have a top tether anchor and many seats require the use of one, so my preference would be to put the rear-facing baby in the middle instead. I have had 3 carseats installed this way in my '06 Ody - Britax Boulevard FF, True Fit RF, Britax Roundabout FF. Was very, very easy to do. Good to know if I ever needed the cargo space in the back I could do it with my 3....but my favorite thing about the minivan is that they are unable to TOUCH each other!!:DD

·
Registered
157 Posts
wow.....nice to know about the car seat....and the britax seats aren't small either. hey ken.....yea, the ody is fine......have my first battle scar tho when i was loading wood up top in the clam shell carrier for camping....dropped one piece and ricocheted off the side door......shiat! it'll buff out it looks like.......driving it is fine, but it's the wife's dd so i only drive it here & there - I wonder what a magnaflow muffler would sound like on there? hmmmm.... lol! i'll drive my stang any day

·
Registered
249 Posts
It is actually easy to put a carseat in the Plus One seat. I know many car seat safety technicians who say it is fine.

What car seat do you want to put in the middle forward facing? The Plus One seat does not have a top tether anchor and many seats require the use of one, so my preference would be to put the rear-facing baby in the middle instead. I have had 3 carseats installed this way in my '06 Ody - Britax Boulevard FF, True Fit RF, Britax Roundabout FF. Was very, very easy to do. Good to know if I ever needed the cargo space in the back I could do it with my 3....but my favorite thing about the minivan is that they are unable to TOUCH each other!!:DD
I stand corrected. Given the PlusOne's width (or lack thereof), I assumed it wasn't designed to take up a carseat at all.

wow.....nice to know about the car seat....and the britax seats aren't small either. hey ken.....yea, the ody is fine......have my first battle scar tho when i was loading wood up top in the clam shell carrier for camping....dropped one piece and ricocheted off the side door......shiat! it'll buff out it looks like.......driving it is fine, but it's the wife's dd so i only drive it here & there - I wonder what a magnaflow muffler would sound like on there? hmmmm.... lol! i'll drive my stang any day
Sorry to hear that. I suffered a similar fate a few weeks ago, pulling out of a gas station exit on Granville, under-estimated the distance between me and a small landscaping pickup truck parked curbside with some tree stumps and branches sticking out over its rear bed. My right door brushed along the roots of one stump and caused a small but noticeble dent, but with v. minor paint scratch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's not ideal but what my wife and I did on our 09 Odyssey is removed the plus one seat. We moved the second row passenger over into the middle. One of the car seats are in the second row and we have two in the third row outbound positions secured with seatbelt and tether. It's still easy to get into the third row through the passenger side door.
If anyone has a better seating configuration for an 09 Ody and three car seats I would love to hear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts