Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I understand that Zaino could last about 6 months. But it is definitely necessary to wash the car before the next application. What do you recommend to use -- other than Z7?

During the winter, it is sometimes impractical for us (in north east) to wash the van by ourselves. I plan to use automatic car wash. Then, what option should I select there? Just full service without any wax?

I also want to protect the underneath from the salt. Is it ok to do undercoating?

Thanks!

------------------
2002 GG EXL

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
If you are talking about adding coats of Zaino months down the road, no problem, just wash using a "wax safe" car wash soap. Z-7 is great, but many other products by various manufacturers are fine. You just want to be sure you use a car wash, not dish detergent, which can strip off Zaino and other waxes/polishes due to its high alkaline content.

It's also a good idea to clay before another application, to make sure your surface is smooth. Clay won't strip off Zaino.
Auto car washes are OK (provided you are comfortable with them). Skip wax, you don't want or need anything else on your car's finish but the Zaino.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts