Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is (for the most part) an issue only with '02 owners, I'll post this here. What type of recommendations do people have on keeping their new leather interiors in good shape. How often should the leather be cleaned and how good are the auto specific leather cleaners vs stuff designed for clothing and/or furniture? Any tips in general would be great.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Codepig - I too need good advice. I had a '96 BMW that the leather on the drivers seat back started going bad at two years and 50K miles. I did use Armorall on those seats several times but it did not help, only made the seats slicker so one could not stay seated on curves. Other leather we have had did not do this so maybe this was a weak cow.
The owners manual calls for washing with saddle soap only.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For the leather seats in my Volvo I used a product that the dealer sold that was a combination cleaner and conditioner. It worked great and the seats still looked almost new when I sold the car when it was 10 years old. Rubbed it on and the seats were never stickey or slippery or extra shiney.

·
Registered
180 Posts
While I don't own an '02, I have owned a number of cars with leather, and my suggestion here is Lexol. Lexol uses a cleaner and a conditioner, so there's two bottles to buy. My experience is that it can be difficult to find in a local store; one good source is www.carcareonline.com

Another product that I've heard raves about, but have not personally tried, is Leatherique at www.leatherique.com

·
Registered
478 Posts
My vote goes for Lexol too-excellent product!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts