Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MF towels seem to be losing their "grip." When I first bought them, I ran them over a very dusty piece of furniture and it magically picked up all the dust.

Now, a few washes later, they seem to push dust around much like a dry paper towel. It grabs a bit, but it pushes around a lot too.

We wash them together (MF towels only) in the automatic washer, and throw them in the dryer (only MF towels, again) w/o any fabric softeners.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES w/ misaligned, hard to close driver door

·
Registered
596 Posts
We have found that all microfiber cloths are not created equal. Some which we bought for a cheap price at Walmart turned out to be just that: cheap. We bought some pricier, better feeling(finer weave)cloths somewhere else and they seem to be a much better product. The cheap ones leave lint behind and the better ones do not. Lintlessness(cool word)is the name of the microfiber game, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So which one should I get and where do I get them at?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Another thing I've wondered about is if they pick up fabric softener that's deposited inside the dryer.

Using the dryer itself doesn't hurt anything as long as it's not too hot, but I've been wondering if the cloths are picking up softener residue because I've seen some streaking occasionally. Any experience with this?

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
596 Posts
We have been air drying ours.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
616 Posts
After running one of my 3M ScotchBrite MF cloth through the washer and dryer, and having it pick up more junk then before the wash; I now hand wash them and air dry them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts