Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Chuck (and others out there too!),

How do you care for your CCD? I've been using one now since I got the Ody, and love the thing.

It's getting a bit dirty now (getting black in places) and I was thinking about cleaning it. I read the instructions, but just wondering if people have experience with cleaning these things. (of course I shake it off before and after use as the instructions state) I'm just thinkin' that if you wash it, it'll lose ALOT of the wax and will be less effective.

Anyone with experience cleaning it? Worth it? How long do you use your duster before getting a new one? Or is there a good way to revive it after it's lost its wax?

Just wondering...

-SJ

p.s.- Chuck, can you wash MF towls and reuse, or do you throw them away after they are dirty?

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Don't wash the California duster; they work better as they get older and dirtier. Shaking it is all you need. I have one that's ancient and someone gave me a new one. The old, grungy one works better, so I gave away the new one.

On the other hand, yes, wash the MF towels. Just make sure you don't use any bleach or fabric softener and they'll be fine.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts