Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this cargo net, and it's folded in two. I see the hooks on the inside of the tailgate sill; I can hook this baby open end up and put things inside the net itself.

I can also hook it up high horizontally, to make a hammock for small things and/or animals.

But check this out:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyssey/odycn.jpg

Can someone tell me how to use the cargo net in this fashion? I don't see the hooks in the floor or back of the magic seat.

Also, the above picture (no doubt a Honda PR piece) seems to indicate TWO cargo nets, with multiple hooks in the floor and magic seat.

Am I missing something? I don't see how this picture represents anything that's possible.

My cargo net also has what appears to be a slide lock. I haven't investigated, but can I pull the strings and lock this like a sack?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Adam,
That net is the "special magic seat net". It's a safety restraint system for as many people that you can pile up onto that 3rd row "Magic" seat. You should have seen Honda's old brochure when they still had people instead of luggage and dog food in the net.

Kidding aside, it's really an optional accessory for those who need a larger deluxe net. The one you got with your Ody is smaller than that one in the picture.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by adam1991:
So I have this cargo net, and it's folded in two. I see the hooks............

What you are seeing are the LX hooks and cargo net. It is not a bag style as the EX. You can buy the LX cargo net from Handa, the hooks come with. One set replaces screws on the floor one set replaces a screw near the magic seat latches on the sides.
Mark

[This message has been edited by homeric (edited 09-27-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts