Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these today from hondapartsforyou.com.

Cargo mat is gray and made of good thick but flexible rubber. Nice Odyssey imprint. Should work well in protecting the carpet.

Cargo tray on the other hand is made of thin black plastic. Not what I had expected. For the price, I think they could have done better. They could at least made it gray. At any rate, it should work fine in containing cargo and in protecting the carpet from spills.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by errol:
Cargo tray on the other hand is made of thin black plastic. Not what I had expected. For the price, I think they could have done better. They could at least made it gray.</font>
It would have been great if it was gray. The fact that it's thin is by design. The Magic Seat has to be able to fold into it.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim,

Yep, gray would be good. =)

I knew it needed to be thin enough so that the seat would fold into it fine. It was just the flimsy feel to it. For the price this product goes for, it just felt like a cheap/junky product. Not saying that it is junk. Just saying that the cost doesn't seem to be a good match with the product.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
70 Posts
I figure the "Odyssey" imprint alone cost about 50 bucks. I imagine "Performance Products" or weathertech will come out with a custom fitting tray eventually.

I bought the tray too. My dealer charged me 75 bucks, but that was after I told him I could get it online for 70 plus shipping.

------------------
'01 SS Honda Odyssey EX
'99 F150 XL Supercab
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7

[This message has been edited by gram_parsons (edited 03-01-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gram_parsons:
My dealer charged me 75 bucks, but that was after I told him I could get it online for 70 plus shipping.
</font>
We got our from Hondaparts4you for $56, shipping included. I thought it was a misprint on the website, but nope.

The steering wheel cover was $36 I believe.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered the WeatherTech cargo tray in brown for my Ody from roadworks.com for ~$70. The WT comes in the three basic Ody interior colors. The material is also thin, i guess like the Honda tray and fits quite well. However, the rim edge is only 2 inches high unlike the Honda which i believe goes from 4 to 8 inches high.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Can you take some photos of the tray or do you know the URL where I could see some pics of it?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
9 Posts
08 ODY Standard Mats with no snaps in 3rd row

I just picked up our 08 Ody EXL-RES yesterday and the standard mats were in it. I understand that the second row mats had to be designed that way because of the underfloor storage option, but OMG! There are just so many pieces, parts and flaps to these things, I can just imagine what my 4 kids are gonna do to these things in the next 4 months. There has GOT to be a better solution. Thanks to this board, I have been researching other mat options as well as All Season when the weather turns, however....my question is this. The standard mats in the third row floor have snaps on them, but there is no place on the van carpet to snap them? Did everyone else have the same experience? It's like the mats are pretty flimsy and that third row mat will just flop around until I get a better solution.

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
What does the owner's manual say about the snaps? I don't have a 3G Ody, but I think the snaps are for a small piece of carpet that covers the area between the second row when the plus one seat is removed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are there any gray floormats (either carpet or all season)that have the cutouts for the second row storage in the floor? Wondering if anyone knew if Honda had plans to make some in gray any time soon?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Owners manual says nothing about the snaps however, most of the mats in the van snap to the floor. The third row mat is the only one that has snaps on it but there are no snaps on the floor of the van...at least in mine! Strange!

·
Registered
81 Posts
donkir said:
Owners manual says nothing about the snaps however, most of the mats in the van snap to the floor. The third row mat is the only one that has snaps on it but there are no snaps on the floor of the van...at least in mine! Strange!
Mine is 05 and there are no snaps in the third row floor. I also noticed that the 08 mats have snaps on the third row carpet mats (only on right side by the way) in some pictures.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I noticed the same thing when installing them in my 07. The mat seems to stay in its position so no need to worry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
perhaps the snaps are for the little piece that snaps in when you move the captain chairs together. this piece is usually between the two front seats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts