Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, gang,

Does anyone know how:

1.) in the published install instructions for the add-on cassette player, one can undo the ten clips through the little hole that's created when the little "cover" is removed (you're told to reach through the hole!)

and

2.) the player is controlled (play, rewind, etc.) when it has no buttons to that end, and the radio/CD player doesn't seem to have any, either.

I want to get one, but I'm puzzled by the instructions.

Thanks.

Pseudolus

·
Registered
354 Posts
First of all, forget the foglight switch cover. just pull from the leftmost area by the steering column. This works best with the selector in 1st.

Secondly, The cassette is controlled by the buttons on the radio, except for eject.

Install is very easy, don't hesitate if you want the cassette. But consider haw often you will use it first. You can buy 10 new CD's for the price of the cassette player.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bobf58:
First of all, forget the foglight switch cover. just pull from the leftmost area by the steering column. This works best with the selector in 1st.

Secondly, The cassette is controlled by the buttons on the radio, except for eject.

I've since found the buttons on the radio that will control the cassette player. My question now is...HOW do you pull on the cover near the gearshift lever? I can't get a grip on anything!!??! Also, I notice a cassette player on eBay that has an 8-pin connector. Would that work on the Ody?
Thanks for your help.

[This message has been edited by Pseudolus (edited 02-21-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pseudolus:
[B My question now is...HOW do you pull on the cover near the gearshift lever? I can't get a grip on anything!!??! Also, I notice a cassette player on eBay that has an 8-pin connector. Would that work on the Ody?
Thanks for your help.
[/B]</font>
To remove center panel:
http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000229.html

Which cassette on ebay are you referring to?

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, shinjohn et al,

The eBay item is #1807986505. My question is if I would need an adaptor for the radio in my 2000 ODY or not. I'm not convinced that such an adaptor is readily available, even if it WERE needed ("The Law", According to Mr. Murphy). Any thoughts?

P.S. In spite all of the helpful comments from so many people. I STILL can't get the dash cover to budge - Too afraid of snapping a crack in the "woodgrain" overlay!!??!! I just want to see what's in there, and to examine the back of the radio for the type of connector.

Hear from you soon?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Pseudolus (edited 02-25-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Hi, shinjohn et al,

The eBay item is #1807986505. My question is if I would need an adaptor for the radio in my 2000 ODY or not. I'm not convinced that such an adaptor is readily available, even if it WERE needed ("The Law", According to Mr. Murphy). Any thoughts?
</font>
This cassette has an 8 pin DIN connector, the latest gen Hondas use the square Molex. I know of no adaptor you could use personally, except MAYBE the peripheral CD changer adaptor, but I'm doubtful that would work. I'll try to keep my feelers open on that one.

P.S. In spite all of the helpful comments from so many people. I STILL can't get the dash cover to budge - Too afraid of snapping a crack in the "woodgrain" overlay!!??!! I just want to see what's in there, and to examine the back of the radio for the type of connector.

Hear from you soon?

Thanks
</font>
It takes quite alot of force the first time to get it off. Pull harder is all I can say, or you could try prying with a tape covered screwdriver/putty knife, as recommended, but likely you'll gouge your dash that way...

Good Luck!

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

Two week ago, I had the security system installed on my Odyssey LX (2-month old) by the Honda dealer. I watched the whole process of removing the central console panel. To my surprise, the technician did not follow the installing instruction of the security system, which also involves the central console removal. He just inserted the flat-tip screwdriver between the pocket and the console, and forced the two clips at the bottom of the central console panel to release. I inspected the console panel, and it was OK. Actually, the central console panel is very strong, and not easy to be damaged.

Last weekend, I ordered a CD-player, and used the same approach as the technician to release the central console panel (but, wrapped the flat-tip screwdriver with some cloth). It was very easy to remove this panel, and had the CD-player installed for 20-minute.

You may also pull out the central console panel from the left edge, as mentioned by several guys.

[This message has been edited by Longhorn (edited 02-26-2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts