Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my cassette player last nite..literally about 30 minutes taking my time.

SOme things to remember...
1) Shift into first gear BEFORE diconnecting the negative terminal. (Or it would have been 20 mins)

2) No need to even pop off the fog light cover. Just take a very small screw driver with tape over it (to prevent scratching) and find a loose spot to work it under the dash cover. Once your in it comes right off no problems.

3) 4 screws come off (make sure you have a long phillips) and the radio pops out.

4) Disc the antenna and connection. Unscrew the bracket holding the plastic tray and discard brackets and screws. I put the tray in my glove box for some reason.

5) Directions say to take the brackets off the radio that hold the cassette to it. DONT BOTHER. Cassette player slides right in for the bracket mount and screw it in. Reconnect the lead and antenna and cassette lead to radio (snaps in). Caution- I scratched the face of the cassette player a bit attaching the screws with it face down on a work bench. Use your lap or a towel on a hard surface.

6) screw radio back into dash and pop dash cover on. Limited room from the wiring, but still no probs.

Guys, dont pay the extra $200. Order it and put it in yourself. Or pay me $100 and save a C-note. I was leery, but it was too easy.
let me know how you do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you!

I just got our 2002 EX with no cassette, to my surprise. $295 for dealer installed cassette seemed pretty steep. My query on the General Topics led me to $132 from HandA, but I wasn't sure if I should tackle it myself; instructions can be misleading, even though it didn't look too tough... now I think I'll just do it myself.

Any other tips? Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts