Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the O2 sensor on my 2000 Ody Ex considered "upstream" or "downstream?" I just failed inspection (in the Raleigh, NC area) since I put a non-fouler to avert the P0420 code, and I may have to just replace it. I'll take it to a second place tomorrow to see it if passes there. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
It has 2 O2 sensors. One is upstream and one is downstream. The one closer to the engine is upstream. One screws into the exhaust pipe before the cat I think and the other screws into the cat.

·
Registered
539 Posts
So wait a minute - they failed you due to the visual inspection, or is your check engine light on now?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I suspect when he put the non fouler, he might have either twisted the wire going to that sensor badly and/or the sensor itself went bad during the removal and reinstall. He might be getting a rear O2 sensor code, more likely something about the rear O2 heater circuit. But this is all guess on our part. I can't imagine any inspection station catching the non-fouler on a visual. Most states just hook up scanner to the OBD port and don't even put the vehicle on the lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts