Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ Res. A few weeks ago my CD changer stops working. I had a cd jammed error and all of a sudden my cd player stops working. Nothing is happening when I press the CD button on the head unit. Everything works except the CD. I was able to remove the jammed CD but it still doesn’t work.

I called my dealer to have it fix but I was told that they won’t even touch it since its over the 3 year warranty period as they only replace the entire head unit. Lately everytime I start up the van, I can hear my cd changer spinning very load for about 30 sec and and then it will stop. The CD is still not working but rests are fine.

My question is: how can I stop this spinning noise everytime I startup the van? It drives me nuts. I don’t want to pay to replace the whole head unit which probably will cost me about $700 - $1000 bucks. I can live with the AUX and simply hook my iPod… no need for cd changer. Help…

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried the reset instructions and hoping that my CD changer will work again but to no avail. What I would like to do now is to disconnect the main power to the CD changer so it will stop spinning every time I start the van. Could someone direct me or show me how to disconnect just the CD changer only? Its driving me crazy every time I start the vehicle and here goes the spinning noise for about 30 seconds. Right now if I press the CD on the head unit, it does nothing. Thank you in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts