Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2001 odyssey. Ford bought my van back due to a recall they couldnt fix so I went a bought thid on. everythin works but fine. Happy I bought it. one problem, it doesnt show anythiing except major roads and Highways. Isthere Any way a get a disk that is more thorough with the strrets .

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Is there a disk in the drive. What version? Sounds like you are displaying just the base code. Search as there are several threads on the disks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honda navigation cd

we have been messing around with it. it is the navigation cd that came with the van when it was bought in 2001. it does show anything but state and interstate roads. will not let you be address specific like use a house numbers. my road is fairly well travelled during the day and it doesnt even appear on the screen. so i would like to know where i can get a disk with more recent and thorough info on it.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The disk that came with it should have most of the older streets on it. Pull the disk out and see if it is dirty. Wash it with mild dish washing liquid. As I said it sounds like the disk isn't working and you are seeing just the base code. As I said check other threads. You can order one through the dealer or other places mentioned in the threads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
navigation cd

the cd is a sattelite linked navigation cd copyright 1999. looks pretty clean. only streets that come are ones that intersect state highways. so looks like more research is needed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Depending where you are in the USA, that's all it might have..
I bought my buddie's 2000 Odyssey (who lived in Florida) it displayed all the streets and stuff. When I brought it up to Milwaukee Wi, guess what... It only had data on major streets and the Interstate. Boy was I disappointed.

You will most likely have to get a updated disk.
Can these things be burned? I would be happy to do it for you...

Paying $185 for a updated disk for a system that is soo antiquated system when a $50 personal GPS offers a ton more is just not right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK.......I give up:(

I have spent the 3 days looking for a disk that has current information on it so my navigation unit shows more than just major streets. I live on Main St and it show just a blank scene behind my icon. My next step is to go right to the Honda dealer and get one

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have spent the 3 days looking for a disk that has current information on it so my navigation unit shows more than just major streets. I live on Main St and it show just a blank scene behind my icon. My next step is to go right to the Honda dealer and get one
If I where you, I would just buy a aftermarket GPS and place it in front of the factory one (with a flip mount to be able to get at the A/C controls on the factory GPS screen).
You will pay ~$200 for a updated disk that will be antiquated and SLOW, compared to a unit that that will be higher end for $100~$150.

Up to you, but the factory one even sucks compared to today's standards.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You can get a Garmin 765T for around $150 that has lifetime traffic. mp3 and RF to play through car radio, Bluetooth for hands free cellphone, All for less than the cost for a Honda update disk on a unit that has no features. I mention it becaust the 765 has more features than any other GPS I have found on the market.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A new updated DVD is now on sale for $149 + shipping; see The Official Honda Map Update Site

Otherwise, you might check E-bay or Craigslist for a Black DVD, version 2.80 or slightly lower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts