Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2007 Touring used recently and have been toodling around in it while loaning our 2006 to my daughter. Loaded up a pile of goodwill CD's and played 'em all thru a couple dozen times. All factory CD's no stickies or RW's or anything.

Finally decided to swap some music and and something got bundled during the eject sequence. I read up online and one suggestion was to put tape in to pull a CD out. Did that, and was amazed to pull out a CD... had been giving me a CD error. Stuck or something like that. Restarted car, restarted radio, yada yada... So now the eject and load don't really do anything, pushing a number seems to want to do something but can't, and I'm pretty sure that CD remove with tape stunt flipped an internal switch or something so it's thinking something's going on that's not. The slot is so thin i can't figure jack looking into it except it's clearly not in LOAD position since nothing can go in it. No matter what buttons I push, nothing seems to be mechanically happening (like the CD positions shifting or whatever it normally does).

So, anybody got suggestions about best next step? Got a LOT of CDs. Wife put an aux in the 2006, but i kinda hate not have it work. Any chance i could remove it and start to dissect the mechanism? Should i try to find a junkyard part?

Thanks!
d.i.

ps- car was depaxed, but not spare included. I got a flat a few weeks ago.... no fun. Only found out a week later that there WAS a jack and tire iron... would have helped to at least know that, LOL!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Take the changer out. If you need your CDs back, crack it open and get them out.
Get a junk yard cd changer from 2010 my.
Done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts