Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio will play but when I insert a disc it will try to read then an e will show up on the display face and eject it what could possibly be my problem

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
did you try other cds?
take the deck out and blow out all the dust and clean the laser with distilled water and a qtip, usualy a first step for cd / dvd players that act up.

if that doesnt work, replacement oem units are easy to find at the pick and pull junk yards.

what model is your odyssey, is it the standard single din cd or the fancy one on the EXL model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My ody is a 02 but yes I tried several different cds and I still can't get it to play it is standard single disc player

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you have the KSAs to do the repair, you likely wouldn't be asking for diagnosis here.

If you don't have the KSAs, what difference dose it make? Your CD player is broken-toast-dead, etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you have the KSAs to do the repair, you likely wouldn't be asking for diagnosis here.

If you don't have the KSAs, what difference dose it make? Your CD player is broken-toast-dead, etc.
KSA's?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I would suggest to look for an aftermarket single DIN replacement. With Bluetooth for hands free phone, and USB- you can copy hundreds of songs onto a thumb drive. Or play music off your phone. My first replacement had a CD player and I only used it once! If keeping the steering wheel controls for volume and channel select is important, check out Crutchfield for compatible models.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. Easy to find if you have the KSA with internet search. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
959 Posts
A little more broadly applicable. You can give an idiot or a terminally lazy individual the three T's and things still won't get done if they have an degree of complexity.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My radio will play but when I insert a disc it will try to read then an e will show up on the display face and eject it what could possibly be my problem
Your CD player thinks that the cd is bad, blank, or upside down. The cd needs to be put in with the label up. You are probably doing that. The cd attempts to read the ID track, if it does not find readable data it ejects it and displays E0. I had an 03 and the thought of tearing apart half of the dash just to change a bulb was very aggravating. Everything snaps and pops and you don’t know if you are breaking it or the fasteners are failing.
So, here is what you can do without removing the drive. First get a good vacuum and use the crevice tool to try to suck out any debris. After each step try it to see if it works. Next use the output of the vacuum to blow in the slot. What you are trying to do is get rid of the dust bunnies that collect in these devices. I used to find them in disc drives. Next to try, get 91% alcohol, take a paper towel and wipe the clear plastic side of the cd disc, immediately put it in the drive. What you are trying to do is clean the tiny lens in the cd. Be liberal with the alcohol and do it 2 or 3 times. All tests need to be done with an original cd not a copy. The cd needs to be known good, that means you heard it play in another automotive cd drive. If everything else fails there may be videos on Utube on how to remove your radio.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Radio removal is quick & easy on my '02.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts