Honda Odyssey Forum banner

CD Player.

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  pvandegriff 
#1 ·
I have a '99 Ody EX. As you know, this model comes with the CD player. Just recently it has started skipping. Not like whe you go over bumps or something, just whenever. It sounds kind of like when you push the FF button, (not skip, but FF). I know it's not the CD, because it does it in different spots every time, and the CD works just fine in other players. The dealer said that if we can demonstrate the problem, they can replace it under warranty, (that aught to be fun!!). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an alternative to replacement? Thanks in advance!!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
We run bootleg CDs almost exlusively in the Ody and haven't had a problem. (knock on wood)

The brand of CD-Rs that we use is Memorex that are rated to 12X I believe. They are dirt cheap at Best Buy. I paid $39.99 for 100 80 minute CDs.

What program are you using to burn them? What burner do you have?

</font>
We don't use CD-R's in it at all. This is with just regular CD's. I think we will just have the unit replaced at the dealership while it is still under warranty.
Thanks for the help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.