Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have the cell phone bracket installed to the right of the radio, it covers the interior light switch. It's not a big deal but I just thought "what if I switch the interior light switch with the slot for the fog light switch"? I forgot to check how hard that would be when I had the dash apart.
Does anyone know if that is easily doable? I hate to take the dash apart again just to check.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you can wait until this weekend, I'm going to be taking off the same panel to install my handsfree kit. I'll check on it for you. As I recall there are differences in the mounting for some of the switches.

At one point I was considering moving the foglight switch to the left side and displace the TCS switch. (I was going to use a different switch for the TCS in a hidden location - how often do you switch it off anyway.) The purpose was to free up a spot on the center dash for a cell phone speaker. Plus, IMO the foglight switch seems odd located in the center dash. In the end I mounted the speaker elsewhere.

·
Registered
276 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dmarkson:
Now that I have the cell phone bracket installed to the right of the radio, it covers the interior light switch. It's not a big deal but I just thought "what if I switch the interior light switch with the slot for the fog light switch"? I forgot to check how hard that would be when I had the dash apart.
Does anyone know if that is easily doable? I hate to take the dash apart again just to check.
</font>
No, it's not easily done because that switch harness is the shortest harness behind that panel. You would need to cut and splice.

------------------
Harry
'99 CS EX

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hgani:
No, it's not easily done because that switch harness is the shortest harness behind that panel. You would need to cut and splice.
</font>
Thanks. I was thinking that the switches would be reversed for right hand drive so there would be slack in the cord. But I bet they are the same. Probably not worth the hassle to splice in new wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts