Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, just wanted to share that I found a good source for center cap decals.
I am one of those who has de-Pax'd my '06 Touring with non-OEM wheels. Unfortunately the stock center caps don't work with my aftermarket (TireRack) wheels.
I found a guy who makes diecut vinyl who made some great decals for my center caps. (Picture is attached.) He can do many different looks with chrome, brushed metal, colors, etc. Just tell him the diameter you need and what you are looking for. (Mine are three part: chrome, brushed metal with black logo.)
Gary is the gentleman's name and he does a great job communicating with his customers and does quick turn around on orders. The decals are very high quality and look much better in person than in photos.
Gary has a website called shockappeal.com or he can be reached at ghall_web (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is that Sport Edition rims sold at tire rack? By the way that's one squeaky clean rims.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, those are the Sport Edition wheels from TireRack.
I had just washed the van when I took the picture so they were only temporarily squeaky clean. ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey jonnywanabe! That looks great! I may have to do it to my wheels too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
I do have to mention that one should follow the directions for application provided by Gary. I (ahem) did not and ruined one of the decals. (I got so excited when the decals arrived that I put the decals on before reading the instructions. Bad me.) It is a little tricky because the wheel caps on these wheels are not flat, they are slightly convex. This required some patience when applying the decals to get them to lay flat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks!
I do have to mention that one should follow the directions for application provided by Gary. I (ahem) did not and ruined one of the decals. (I got so excited when the decals arrived that I put the decals on before reading the instructions. Bad me.) It is a little tricky because the wheel caps on these wheels are not flat, they are slightly convex. This required some patience when applying the decals to get them to lay flat.
Good to know. I think I would have done the same and just proceeded without reading the instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts