Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what people are doing to get more light into their center console.

My 2019 Canadian touring has a dim light in it already, but not bright enough for me to easily find items or plug things in.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I was wondering about it too, the lights looks like a theatre light on a wall lighting up the ground but much dimmer, i wanted to change that too and was wondering if it’s able to be replaced and what size is the bulb

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m Replacing my interior lights with leds. Based on the description on the item I’m not sure if this kit includes the console light, but I’m supposed to get it tomorrow. Once I know I’ll post an update.

8X-SPEED For Honda 2018 Odyssey Led Interior Lights Led Interior Car Lights Bulbs Kit White 18Pcs amazon.com/dp/B076BBQJKY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HZ1bCbESBQ1AX

Sorry it couldd not be a link because I have not made enough posts on this forum yet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m Replacing my interior lights with leds. Based on the description on the item I’m not sure if this kit includes the console light, but I’m supposed to get it tomorrow. Once I know I’ll post an update.

8X-SPEED For Honda 2018 Odyssey Led Interior Lights Led Interior Car Lights Bulbs Kit White 18Pcs amazon.com/dp/B076BBQJKY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_HZ1bCbESBQ1AX

Sorry it couldd not be a link because I have not made enough posts on this forum yet.
Thank you. For the info, I'm curious to know the results either way.

If it does come with a Centre console light would it be to much to ask you for a before and after photo. I'm curious if it will put out more light or just change the color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The kit I purchased did not include the floor console light. I opened it up, and found it labeled as a S14v 1.4w, but I have not been able to find a bulb that looks correct.

I also found that the bulbs for the dome lights in the second, and third rows are too long. They go in, and the covers go on, but you can feel the bulb hitting the cover when you push to turn it off or on.

I’m going to change out the bulbs that are too long with this:
SiriusLED Extremely Bright 3030 Chipset LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Compact Wedge T10 168 194 2825 Xenon White Pack of 10
amazon.com/dp/B0186P1MUW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ksjcCb14BAKKW

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you @airforceb2cc. I was looking at that, but I was not sure if the bulb will slip into the diffuser in the console. Have you tried this bulb on a 2018-2019 Odyssey?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do all 2018 Odyssey trim levels have a light in the center console? Either our EX-L doesn't or it's not working... I was wondering if anyone's added a light.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do all 2018 Odyssey trim levels have a light in the center console? Either our EX-L doesn't or it's not working... I was wondering if anyone's added a light.
Did you try turning on your headlights? The center console light doesn't turn on until the headlights are on in our '19 EX-L.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you try turning on your headlights? The center console light doesn't turn on until the headlights are on in our '19 EX-L.
Yes, no light, even with the headlights turned on. I've looked in the console and don't see any light bulbs/LEDs either. Oh well, I found a little battery powered motion sensor light that I'm going to try putting in there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You could piggy-back an LED light off the USB charge line if you really want a light there. Might be other hot wires too depending on your wiring harness.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's bulb size 74. Same as your glove box light.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's bulb size 74. Same as your glove box light.

View attachment 153325

View attachment 153326

View attachment 153328
how do you remove that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
After it comes out, how do you get to the bulb? I was able to get mine out like the first image but the plastic casing doesn't seem to have a way to open it. I tried to lightly pull on the casing around the wires to see it if separated but didn't seem to also.

My eyes are failing me so it's hard to see :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
After it comes out, how do you get to the bulb? I was able to get mine out like the first image but the plastic casing doesn't seem to have a way to open it. I tried to lightly pull on the casing around the wires to see it if separated but didn't seem to also.

My eyes are failing me so it's hard to see :(
Grab the housing in one hand firmly and flat portion right next to exposed wires with the other hand and turn it counter clock wise. It will come out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts