Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We are in the process of purchasing a certified pre owned 2016 touring model and one of our concerns is the height of the center headrests in the middle and 3rd row. This vehicle is used for long car trips for our 4 adult sized children (5’ 6” is the shortest and still growing). The headrests or head restraints as they are called come only to the base of the skull on my kids. Has any one else noticed this? Has anyone found after market headrests that are taller? My ‘05 Odyssey has headrests that are much taller but they will not fit the new van. Thanks for any help/advice.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,450 Posts
The center headrests in both the second and third rows are definitely lower than the outer seating positions. The owners manual is a bit thin on documentation here - it basically states to adjust the headrest so that it is centered on your head, but taller passengers should just leave it in the highest position.

You aren't going to find a (reputable) company that would make replacement headrests, since they are integral to crash safety and would create a very large liability on that company (no longer is Honda responsible for the safety of the passenger in that seating position).

Is your plan to run 3 across in the second row and one in the third row for maximum cargo room (2/3 of rear bench folded)? Otherwise, the 4 'adult sized' kids would be in the outer seating positions with full size seats, I would imagine. We are still in the 3-kids-under-3 phase of our lives and had very different needs when it came to seating positions in the van and this had previously never crossed my mind.

-Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I completely understand about liability issues with other companies. If it is simply our four kids, we can have them sit in the four outer seats, no problem. The problem arises when we have my daughter’s boyfriend with, or my mom, or any other adults traveling with us. I truly appreciate your thoughts. Thank you. I so wish I could fit our ‘05 headrests in place of these new ones. ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts