Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I folded the passenger's side Center seat of my 02 ody and after returning it to the normal position It wouldn't fold again.

Any ideas what happened?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by Hooter:
I folded the passenger's side Center seat of my 02 ody and after returning it to the normal position It wouldn't fold again.

Any ideas what happened?
[/QUOT

Let me clerify. The seat is stuck to the floor. The back folds ok.

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hooter:
Originally posted by Hooter:

Any ideas what happened?
[/QUOT

Let me clerify. The seat is stuck to the floor. The back folds ok.
If I understand you correctly, the seat is folded forward, with the lower portion of it still touching the floor? If so, check to make sure that the two forward latch-hooks are allowed to rotate about the two rails.

I had a similiar problem when trying to take these seats out. I disengaged the seat from the rear latches, tilted the seat forward and tried to lift them out. The seats have to be tilted a certain amount before the front latch-hooks are free to move. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DTKWOK:
If I understand you correctly, the seat is folded forward, with the lower portion of it still touching the floor? If so, check to make sure that the two forward latch-hooks are allowed to rotate about the two rails.

I had a similiar problem when trying to take these seats out. I disengaged the seat from the rear latches, tilted the seat forward and tried to lift them out. The seats have to be tilted a certain amount before the front latch-hooks are free to move. Hope this helps.

</font>
Thanks for your input. Problem solved. I just didn't pull hard enough on the release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts