Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some pics in the Gallery. My Century NextStep DX can be seen in both positions, and removed from the vehicle. The carseat remains completely installed at all times, since the LATCH and tether anchors are mounted to the chair itself. I also have a zoom of the LATCH clamp:

http://photos.yahoo.com/tcaviller

More information on the Century kit is here:
http://pub59.ezboard.com/fcarsafetyfrm1.showMessage?topicID=9.topic

More information on LATCH and Tethers here:
http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 07-10-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I just installed my EZ LATCH retrofit kit, with my DS's Century Accel 5 pt car seat. It was the EASIEST installation! It took approximately 5 minutes, and it is a rock solid fit..no movement whatsoever! And I did it all by MYSELF!


I hope Britax comes up w/the LATCH system on the Super Elite this fall!



------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX
-cassette
-mud guards
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odymomof2:
I just installed my EZ LATCH retrofit kit, with my DS's Century Accel 5 pt car seat. It was the EASIEST installation! It took approximately 5 minutes, and it is a rock solid fit..no movement whatsoever! And I did it all by MYSELF!


I hope Britax comes up w/the LATCH system on the Super Elite this fall!
</font>
I am anxiously waiting a SuperElite with LATCH (or retrofit) also... I wonder if there is a problem with using the LATCH anchors over 40 pounds, because otherwise it seems like an ideal LATCH application and pretty dumb to omit on a brand new seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by caviller:
I am anxiously waiting a SuperElite with LATCH (or retrofit) also... I wonder if there is a problem with using the LATCH anchors over 40 pounds, because otherwise it seems like an ideal LATCH application and pretty dumb to omit on a brand new seat.
Yes, I totally agree! I didn't even think there may be a problem w/the LATCH anchors for over 40#. Good point! I would hope it wouldn't be a problem, though, as it SHOULD replace the seatbelt altogether, and should be tethered, right? I can't wait for the Super Elite's to come this Fall. I love the Burgundy Check. My local specialty store had one for me, but it came in the sapphire, and I didn't care for that cover. Also, I'm hoping that they have the LATCH or retrofit for the production this fall. Did you hear anything about that? Are any changes coming for the Fall production? It didn't say on their website.




------------------
~Angela~
'01 MB EX
-cassette
-mud guards
-cargo mat
-cargo tray
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odymomof2:
Also, I'm hoping that they have the LATCH or retrofit for the production this fall. Did you hear anything about that? Are any changes coming for the Fall production? It didn't say on their website.
</font>
I don't really know anything:) I was only guessing about a possible LATCH issue over 40 pounds. Can't think of any other reason a brand new seat wouldnt have LATCH.

I do know that the LATCH attachments on the Expressway will work for a Freeway Plus and Roundabout (Front Facing). I suspect it is not released because it doesn't work well for a Roundabout rear facing, and someone would inevitably use it that way....

As for the SuperElite, I have no idea if the same kit would work on it, or if a new one will be availble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
I am looking to purchase a child seat with LATCH system. Would someone recommend one? Please give your positive as well as negative inputs too. Thanks.



------------------
'01 Starlight Silver EX
Totally Newbie now, but learning quick.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OddyNewbie:
I am looking to purchase a child seat with LATCH system. Would someone recommend one? Please give your positive as well as negative inputs too. Thanks.
</font>
There are only 3 to choose from. I suggest changing your settings to "Show All Topics" and browsing this forum for information. Or, see this link:

http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

If you have specific answers, I'd be happy to field them when I get a bit more time. Thanks!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top