Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used 2019 elite has 9k miles on it. It is priced about $2000 more than the new ex-l with Navi. And it is certified.

Anything I should be worried about in the 2019? Good deal?

Exl 40500 out the door
Used elite 42300

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
777 Posts
Sounds like you're overpaying for both... Have you checked "Prices paid" thread for 2020 on this forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you're overpaying for both... Have you checked "Prices paid" thread for 2020 on this forum?
I have. The ExL be with Navi seems reasonable for out the door price. No accessories on it.

It's harder for me to know on the elite because of it being used. I couldn't find a 2020 new elite for less than $47500 out the door here (Texas) and the new 2019 models were barely less than the 2020 models.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Used 2019 elite has 9k miles on it. It is priced about $2000 more than the new ex-l with Navi. And it is certified.

Anything I should be worried about in the 2019? Good deal?

Exl 40500 out the door
Used elite 42300
The current generation which includes 2019 has many problems especially electronic. Most owners don’t trade in a one year old vehicle. Was that 2019 traded because it is someone’s lemon? You can’t know. If there are existing problems, the warranty doesn’t prevent the inconvenience of dealer visits to solve problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
37708 on the 2020 exl with Navi
38900 on the used 2019 elite

We were worried that it could be a lemon. It was only owned 10 months and was 8 hours away from us so we couldn't see it in person. We were going to have it shipped. We stuck with local and are going to get the ExL with Navi this week.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
777 Posts
As an owner of an EXL with nav, I would highly recommend the standard EXL. Android auto does all navigation duties on road trips, and the kids usually play on their tablets instead of watching movies.
This was our reasoning as well. We are coming from a 2009 VW Routan SEL premium with all the bells and whistles, navigation and RES. In the several years we owned it we used built in navigation only three times.
As @bandit400 mentioned, android auto is more than adequate and gets updated for free more often than built in nav and all our older kids prefer their personal devices, so that's a good way to save $1,700 when buying new. We went with 2020 EX-L with no NAV/RES. It may be a good route to look into unless you absolutely have to have cabin watch and the vac.
All the bells and whistles of the top tear model are great (on both our VW Routan SEL premium and Honda Odyssey Elite) until after a few years they start failing one by one. That's another reason we went with EX-L.

·
Registered
488 Posts
. It was only owned 10 months and was 8 hours away from us so we couldn't see it in person. We were going to have it shipped.
I would never buy a vehicle without seeing it firsthand. You own it once it shows up at your doorstep.

You would be better off flying out, then driving it home.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's harder for me to know on the elite because of it being used. I couldn't find a 2020 new elite for less than $47500 out the door here (Texas) and the new 2019 models were barely less than the 2020 models.
That's Kia Telluride money...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been looking for 2020 Odyssey EX-L also. The lowest OTD price I got so far is $36,998. It is an hour away from where I live.
The local dealer offered OTD price $37,038. I have not accepted any offers so far.
Price before tax, fees and add-ons is $33,964.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have been looking for 2020 Odyssey EX-L also. The lowest OTD price I got so far is $36,998. It is an hour away from where I live.
The local dealer offered OTD price $37,038. I have not accepted any offers so far.
Price before tax, fees and add-ons is $33,964.
For $40, I’d buy local for all the issues you’re going to have, and that local dealer is going to be the one dealing with you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts