Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:

I know for me I had to purchase a 4 channel amp and a Sony XA-39II (signal switching device). The 4 channel amp is used to amplifiy the NAVI Voice and XA-39II is used to accept the NAVI voice signals and also mutes the front speakers. I can honestly say this setup behaves exactly how the factory system distributes the sound between the reciever and NAVI.
</font>
Hey Nestor, glad you got this working! So do you only use this switcher on the front RCAs, feeding rear signal straight from the head to the amp? Any switching pops or noise whatsoever? Any switching delay at all? Just wondering... Sweet dude!

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Yes, only the front RCAs are connected to the switcher then the amp. While the rear RCAs are connected directly to the amp. There is no switching delay...at least not enough to cut off the Navi voice. But there is a small pop when it switches over. Any suggestions on how to easily remedy this?

-Nestor

</font>
Yowsers. That's a tough one. Usually a switcher like this would disable the output of the box during the actual switch to avoid the pop. Sounds like Sony did not do this, so as to minimize the switch time and to save cost.

I don't know of any easy or good way to do this, short of getting another switcher... Sorry.... I'll try to think about it some more though...

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.