Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 honda odyssey. I try to change the 3rd brake light. I got the small plastic triangle glass off the brake light. I got to the brake light bulb. The weirdest thing is the light bulb is to big to come out of the hole. I think I have to open up the glass or the light bulb is stuck inside. Any suggestion.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
You need to remove the screw, remove the lens and twist off the bulb harness to access the bulb. Be careful with the triangular lens piece cover as the tabs break easily.

·
Registered
539 Posts
And if you happen to break off one of the little tabs on the triangular screw cover, don't fret, wipe the dirt off of all of the pieces, and use some clear RTV silicone to retain the piece (use a piece of masking tape to hold it in place while the RTV cures).

As long as you use "just enough" RTV, it will hold in place (about a pea-sized blob is plenty), but will still be easy to remove (gently pry with a small screwdriver) the next time you are in there (1-2 years, count on it).

·
Registered
9 Posts
3rd bulb is too big

I am having the same problem. I have taken everything apart, and when I went to pull the bulb out it actually wouldn't fit through the hole. I guess I will just bust it into pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts