Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have this alert on my odyssey 2019, battery sensor is working as well as the battery, the alternator also seems to be ok. But if the car lights and radio are on with the engine off the battery goes dead, Any ideas on what else could be happening?

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi I have this alert on my odyssey 2019, battery sensor is working as well as the battery, the alternator also seems to be ok. But if the car lights and radio are on with the engine off the battery goes dead, Any ideas on what else could be happening?
Your battery is bad. Honda only puts OEM quality in their new cars. That means do not expect anything to last longer than 3 years/36 K miles. If you have a 80 amp hour battery and you use 2 amp hour of capacity and it goes dead....it is bad. They only warrant the rotors for 12K / 1year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Need to check charging system. The battery can be good, but alternator is not... Especially under load alternator can give not enough charge for the battery...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Your battery is bad. Honda only puts OEM quality in their new cars. That means do not expect anything to last longer than 3 years/36 K miles. If you have a 80 amp hour battery and you use 2 amp hour of capacity and it goes dead....it is bad. They only warrant the rotors for 12K / 1year.
well the battery was checked and it seems to be working fine, the car has only 7500km. But thanks I'll take it into account, I might get a new battery.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
2019......7500 miles? Parasitic draw kills batteries in cars that aren't driven.

Reactions: digitalextremes

·
Registered
205 Posts
2019......7500 miles? Parasitic draw kills batteries in cars that aren't driven.
Not to be nit-picky but it's 7500 km, which is less than 5000 miles. Definitely a candidate for a trickle charger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts