Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a deal in Canada that is similar to the Tracey deal (US$875 for the 7/100k miles).

The dealer I am talking to just shows the standard price chart and so far is unwilling to negotiate here.

Any Canadians work a deal?

Cheers... Gary

------------------
------------------
2002 RRP EX-L RES - expected in April or May 2002
1998 EX-V6 Accord
1988 Si-4WS Prelude - soon to be gone

·
Registered
301 Posts
You will be hard pressed to find a deal on the Canadian honda care warranty. Perhaps it is lack of competition but all the dealers I checked go by the standard price chart. Remember that $875us is $1389ca so the book prices are still pretty good.

Some dealers have offered your money back if you haven't used the warranty after the 7 years and are the original owner.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I found a dealer prepared to negotiate on Honda Plus, he is some way away but happy to take my Visa number as payment and do the deal by mail. When it came time to order our van (from a local dealership) the F&I guy told me that he could not match the price I had found because it was more than he paid, I said OK. Anyway today the salesman I have been dealing with called to say the van can be collected next week. Fifteen minutes later the F&I guy is on the phone saying that he can match the figures I quoted. The figures are for 7/160,000/25 Honda Plus with and without roadside assistance and they are $1179/$1030.

Dealers offering money back for unused warranty? Steer well clear of that. When it comes time to get your money back they'll ask you where the letter confirming that is, and guess what, you never received one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grand Total said:
I found a dealer prepared to negotiate on Honda Plus, he is some way away but happy to take my Visa number as payment and do the deal by mail. When it came time to order our van (from a local dealership) the F&I guy told me that he could not match the price I had found because it was more than he paid, I said OK. Anyway today the salesman I have been dealing with called to say the van can be collected next week. Fifteen minutes later the F&I guy is on the phone saying that he can match the figures I quoted. The figures are for 7/160,000/25 Honda Plus with and without roadside assistance and they are $1179/$1030.
So which dealership offered this deal, and who did you deal with. I may give them a call and try to see if my dealer will match it... every little bit helps!!

Thanks... Gary

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The dealership offering the deal on Honda Plus is Cobourg Honda. Tel: (905) 372-5445, ask for Scott Hunter. I suppose the ultimate for Canadians would be to get that price from a dealer in Alberta (No PST). Any Albertans get a good deal?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nope. We had to pay the book value. There is of course less dealers in Alberta and less competition. The 3 dealers in Edmonton are actually owned by the same family.
From our dealer we are getting our money back if we do not use the extended warranty and yes I have my signed confirmation document safely tucked away.
There is one of the dealers that waives the $25 fee for repairs regardless of where you bought the warranty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I too have had no luck getting a deal on the Honda Plus warranty here in Ottawa. But realistically we should be able to buy from any dealership. I may give Scott Hunter a call (but I'm willing to bet once I show his price to my dealership and they have some time to think it over I'll get a better deal). If not, I'll just pick up the telephone...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr. Z said:
I too have had no luck getting a deal on the Honda Plus warranty here in Ottawa. But realistically we should be able to buy from any dealership. I may give Scott Hunter a call (but I'm willing to bet once I show his price to my dealership and they have some time to think it over I'll get a better deal). If not, I'll just pick up the telephone...
Mr. Z

Let us know if you call Scott (I am waiting until I have the VIN and have talked to my dealer about matching the price).

Cheers... Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts