Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i was hoping not to remove the tensioner....isn't that the bolt that always breaks when people don't oil/install it correctly?

plus the service manual doesn't show that as a necessary step...

I've seen that 37min video in which the guy takes it out so easily...but he did put some force on the ac line...i'm hoping with a second set of hands I could possibly pull this out...

if I end up going the route of removing the tensioner...can I simply reinstall it again? or does it need to be bled etc.?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
got it out within 5 mins with a second set of hands...no need to open the tensioner...
tomorrow i'll get my refurb denso one and hopefully it goes in as easily as it came out with 2 people

·
Registered
452 Posts
So you took it out without removing the tensioner?

What did you bend to make it happen?

The service manual does not say to remove it. But i could not do it without taking it out. I was working alone for the most of the part. The small bolt, was advised to be replaced with a new tensioner. I replaced the tensioner also along with new bolt (it was making sound for some time).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i had a second person flex the black rubber part of the ac line...they put their hand on the top of the black rubber hose...and push down...which kind of made hose opening a little wider....just enough to pull the old one through very comfortably...hopefully the new one goes in just as smooth.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ok..

After working with the AC one time on my other car, i hate to work on it. So i was avoiding touching that lines. Removing tensioner was lot easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do not install any other brand then Denso. I had to replace alternator twice, first time it was ACDelco(mfg by Nippon Denso) which was giving intermittent charging system light on low electrical load. Then installed Denso remanufactured couple days ago. so far its working good. Didn't have to remove the idler pulley but removed power steering reservoir, lowered washer fluid conainer

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yes I purchased a reman denso 210-0750...installed it no issues...torqued everything to spec...

fingers crossed it works out well :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
van is runnign good...but yesterday my CEL came on :(

time to figure out what the van is telling me...hopefully it is just that random code that appears with the muzzler

21 - 29 of 29 Posts