Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Check engine light / Cel P219B and/or P0300 p0301 p0302 p0303 p0304 p0305 p0306

1395 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  tbaer
My 2018 Ody Elite with 88k miles recently has been flashing all warning lights: Abs, p/s, T/C, brake assist system, emission, Edm, Hsa, After plugging the obd2 scanner, apparently I got p219B and p0305.

So, I installed new spark plug#5 with #4 and erased the code.
But cel came back the next day for same codes.
After some research apparently there is Tsb 21-010 from Honda for it and Honda is extending the fuel injection warranty up to 10 yrs and/or 150k miles, whichever come first.
Apparently, since the injector tip is inside the cylinder, it gets all the carbon deposits during the combustion, and I’ve been using chevron 87 octane and I’ve been using Mobil1 synthetic oil for the engine.

I brought it to a Honda dealership in California, and they acknowledged the issue and honoring the Tsb. however they don’t have any new injectors in stock and nobody have it nationwide. And they Can’t provide Eta.

Does anyone also having the same issue with p0219b and/or p030x? What is the remedy’s?

Thx
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Ody Elite with 88k miles recently has been flashing all warning lights: Abs, p/s, T/C, brake assist system, emission, Edm, Hsa, After plugging the obd2 scanner, apparently I got p219B and p0305.

So, I installed new spark plug#5 with #4 and erased the code.
But cel came back the next day for same codes.
After some research apparently there is Tsb 21-010 from Honda for it and Honda is extending the fuel injection warranty up to 10 yrs and/or 150k miles, whichever come first.
Apparently, since the injector tip is inside the cylinder, it gets all the carbon deposits during the combustion, and I’ve been using chevron 87 octane and I’ve been using Mobil1 synthetic oil for the engine.

I brought it to a Honda dealership in California, and they acknowledged the issue and honoring the Tsb. however they don’t have any new injectors in stock and nobody have it nationwide. And they Can’t provide Eta.

Does anyone also having the same issue with p0219b and/or p030x? What is the remedy’s?

Thx
I have nearly the same issue. Cylinder #2 misfire (P0302) but no other code with it. There is also a bulletin 20-100 with seemingly the only difference being one includes a software update and the other doesn't. As far as I can tell my wife and I never received any communication on this (from Honda or our dealership) and we've had the Ody serviced in the two years Honda has known about this issue without anyone saying anything to us or testing and replacing the fuel injectors. It's disappointing but will be covered under the extended now 10 year warranty. Just wish they were proactive instead of reactive. It could have saved us some headache. Also, the injector part kits (16010-RLV-315) are on backorder. My dealership in Indiana is expecting up to a couple weeks to receive with an "emergency" flag on the order.

· Premium Member
1,755 Posts
@Tyler28
I had not received this campaign notice, however I am one of those people that download all the TSB here at this ODY forum so I can quickly browse them to see if this problem exist in the ODY's. The moderator does an excellent job of keeping the latest TSB on-line here and as a owner of a ODY, I always try to stay abreast of what is going wrong.

· Registered
2018 Elite
5 Posts
So this week we got error messages in the dash for ESP, Steering, and all kinds of other modules. Secondly, P0300 and other misfires are stored. Also feel like acceleration is uneven.
Independent shop hinted at this TSB so our next step is to take it to Honda this week and see if this applies to us. Certainly appears so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts