Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends
Mine is a 2000 Honda Odyssey LX model done about 117000 miles

Since a couple of days I am seeing the Check engine light comes up when the vehicle hits a pot hole and goes off immediately and at this point of time my tape recorder stops and starts back, engine doesn't stop or nothing happens but for these two things. Very recently I had an issue with my auto starter and the mechanic spoiled the auto starter and put it back to function only with the remote locking functionality..

I also once observed the Brake light and ABS light coming up glowing when I started the engine. I switched off the vehicle and then switched it back and it is gone. This happened twice

Can some one suggest me if they came across such an issue?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Cheers
Bobby.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know anything about the check engine light coming on, but my ABS light comes on when I hit potholes. Could you be mistaking the two?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure if you would be able to read recent codes or not, but that might be an option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess so as the day when these ABS and Brake lamp glowed I was coming from the mechanic shop so I went back to him and he checked for any issues but couldn't figure it out. Do you think it could be with any loose connections of the Auto starter ?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Do you think it could be with any loose connections of the Auto starter ?
It's possible depending on how it's setup. Mine uses a T-harness, you unplug a big power connector and insert the harness in the middle. If you have a bad connection on this then you could exhibit all kinds of weird stuff seeing it powers much of the car. I think it connects to the fuse box by where your left foot would be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike I will try to fiddle that Harness and see if there is any loose connection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts